Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Subba66

Avoiding re-download and viewing unfinished downloads in the download queue

1 post in this topic

Dear Sir,

I keep downloading more and more music, video, software etc from a shared hub on a LAN using ApexDC++. When I see music/video of my interest in the shared list of some user, I can't keep track exactly which file I have already downloaded. But, as I don't want to miss any file of my interest, out of my temptation, I put all of them in my download queue without caring whether I have already downloaded some of them.

I randomly specify different destination folders for files to be downloaded. I keep moving the downloaded files to other disks as the destination disk or partition gets full. But, I don't want to download the same file multiple times as it wastes time in no useless download.

Therefore, to avoid re-download, in the settings of ApexDC++, I have checked (1) "Don't download files already in share", (2) "Don't download file already in queue", (3) "Keep finished file in download queue". Option (3) is set to make effective use of option (2).

But, enabling the option (3) has the problem that due to this, it becomes cumbersome to track the unfinished/waiting downloads. I have to manually browse through the directory tree of my download queue. This is because, files/folders of finished and unfinished downloads in the download queue are interspersed and have similar appearance in color or otherwise. I don't manually remove the files/folders of finished downloads thinking that as long as they are in the download queue, it is sure that they won't be re-downloaded even if I select them from the list of shared files of some user and put them in download queue again .

So, kindly suggest (1) A full proof way to avoid downloading a file that I have already downloaded any time earlier (2) If I set the option "Keep finished file in download queue" and never remove a finished download from the queue, then how to easily browse through the mess of files/folders of finished and unfinished downloads in my download queue in order to track the waiting/unfinished downloads.

I apologize for lengthy description of my problem.

With Thanks & Regards,

Subba Reddy,

India

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0