Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imabcd

will apex dc work with my net connection ?

7 posts in this topic

a new user to apex dc ++ . i have shared 0 bytes . when i try to get the file list of any user it comes connecting and after some time it comes connection timeout

but if i havent shared anything then shouldn't a message appear ? while connecting

so will apex dc work ....im asking this question because say i shared 1gb and then came to know that i cant download from other users then what?

a new user to apex dc ++ . i have shared 0 bytes . when i try to get the file list of any user it comes connecting and after some time it comes connection timeout

but if i havent shared anything then shouldn't a message appear ? while connecting

so will apex dc work ....im asking this question because say i shared 1gb and then came to know that i cant download from other users then what?

Hi imabcd,

You probably need to forward ports with your router in order for it to work then. Or you can try "Passive (worst case)" and see if you get a connection. The next version should help improve your experience if you're struggling though, because it shouldn't require you to do this. :)

Hi imabcd,

You probably need to forward ports with your router in order for it to work then. Or you can try "Passive (worst case)" and see if you get a connection. The next version should help improve your experience if you're struggling though, because it shouldn't require you to do this. :)

hmm i am using 1.36 .so should i upgrade to version 1.39 and see if it works or wait for release of a higher version ?

hmm i am using 1.36 .so should i upgrade to version 1.39 and see if it works or wait for release of a higher version ?

1.4.0 will be the next version. Try using Passive mode for the time being if you're not confident enough to forward ports. :)

1.4.0 will be the next version. Try using Passive mode for the time being if you're not confident enough to forward ports. :)

hmm ok i went to files-settings-connection settings and selected passive mode .

then i tried to get a file list of a user and i got it laugh.gif . then i tried some other but it came connecting . . . . and i tried to get file list of a user with 0 bytes and i got it . ..

so result was i got 3 file list and 5,6 connection was closed ..hmm could this be because other users are also viewing his/hers files ?

could my net connection speed affect this in any way ? ohmy.gif

my speed is just 749kbps

and thanks a lot for helping me :)

hmm ok i went to files-settings-connection settings and selected passive mode .

then i tried to get a file list of a user and i got it . then i tried some other but it came connecting . . . . and i tried to get file list of a user with 0 bytes and i got it . ..

so result was i got 3 file list and 5,6 connection was closed ..hmm could this be because other users are also viewing his/hers files ?

could my net connection speed affect this in any way ?

my speed is just 749kbps

and thanks a lot for helping me :)

When you're in Passive mode, you usually cannot connect to other Passive users (represented by a brick next to their name in userlist) or users that have not forwarded their ports correctly. If you forward ports you don't worry about this. This is why you should always try and forward ports for your router. :)

When you're in Passive mode, you usually cannot connect to other Passive users (represented by a brick next to their name in userlist) or users that have not forwarded their ports correctly. If you forward ports you don't worry about this. This is why you should always try and forward ports for your router. :)

hmm dont know how to do that ... .so it seems maybe i have to wait till the release of version 1.40 . .hmm when is it getting released ?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0