Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kagesha

External/WAN IP

8 posts in this topic

So I'm trying to setup a thing called CommunityNet with my ISP Adam Internet, in which I connect to hubs in the same telephone exchange although I'm pretty sure apex isn't using the external/wan ip i've given it.

of course it doesn't if you and the users there have some internal IPs.

This may help because i have no idea what im doing I've done...

//edit by Mek: please attach the images to your post instead of linking them from another site - this way they stay with the forum forever...

post-20976-0-13148800-1297752289_thumb.g

post-20976-0-34247800-1297752301_thumb.j

I think we already had a CommunityNet user here who had the same network setup as you. I will try to help you:

Select 0.0.0.0 as your listening interface. And set Passive mode in the same connection setting dialog. Now, put your CommunityNet hub into your favorite hubs and in its properties, select Direct connection (in the Connection part of the form), and put 10.1.11.252 in the textbox right to it. Connect to that hub and:

• you should be working in active mode in your CommunityNet hub,
  • you should be working in passive mode outside the CommunityNet hub, such as on Internet hubs.

Thanks heaps Mek, tested it out I am passive on internet hubs and active on the communitynet hub everything seems to be working fine!! (Is there another way of finding out if I am using the communitynet ip just to double check- really want to make sure xD) although thanks a lot once again especially for quick replies and such.

Thanks heaps Mek, tested it out I am passive on internet hubs and active on the communitynet hub everything seems to be working fine!! (Is there another way of finding out if I am using the communitynet ip just to double check- really want to make sure xD) although thanks a lot once again especially for quick replies and such.

oh, glad you got it working so fast :)

of course you are using your internal IP to connect to CommunityNet, otherwise it wouldn't work :) anyway, you can check it on the hub but it depends on which hubsoft it is - there might be a command "+myip" or similar.

Double checked everythings perfect, so much love for you :).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0