Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjall

Port forwarding when hosting a hub

18 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I am someone who is running a hub but the funny part i cannot login to the hub, i get the message "*** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

I read hundreds of articles online and seems like it's to do with port forwarding, and i have downloaded many software to date however i was unable to bypass this issue

Can someone tell me is there any specific UDP & TCP settings for ApexDC++ to use or open those specific ports which it works with, or is it the hub software such as Prokax which i have to open ports

for, i am totally confused here and i appreciate any expert suggestion on this

Many Thanks

Hey,

You need to make sure you have the TCP, UDP, TLS ports forwarded in the connection settings page. Double check that your IP address is correct.

Are you sure the hub you are trying to connect to is online?

Are you sure the hub you are trying to connect to is online?

This is likely to be the issue. Or, the TCP port for the hub (most probably 411) isn't forwarded. Or maybe some sort of firewall issue on the hub's side.

yes the hub is online, i am the one running it from the same computer, so from what i understand is that port 411 should be forwarded as for TCP! What about the UDP port?

aaah well, if you are running the hub on your own computer then you should connect to localhost:411 and not the hub's outside address! :)

aaah well, if you are running the hub on your own computer then you should connect to localhost:411 and not the hub's outside address! :)

thanks for the note, however can you guide me exactly on what i need to do to connect to localhost:411 is that on ApexDC++? or some other settings?

sorry i am not too good at this, thats why i am asking for help

localhost is just an address like any other address so you connect to it when you specify it as a hub address when connecting to a hub. For example, using Quick Connect (Ctrl+Q) you write "localhost" there and voila :)

localhost is just an address like any other address so you connect to it when you specify it as a hub address when connecting to a hub. For example, using Quick Connect (Ctrl+Q) you write "localhost" there and voila :)

Thanks for the note, i tried it and it gave me the following:

[18:58:13] *** Connecting to localhost:411...

[18:58:13] *** The requested address is not valid in its context

Do you know what that means?

thanks for your help, appreciate it

Thanks for the note, i tried it and it gave me the following:

[18:58:13] *** Connecting to localhost:411...

[18:58:13] *** The requested address is not valid in its context

Do you know what that means?

thanks for your help, appreciate it

I tired also with localhost without the :411 still the same

not valid? weird... well, try 127.0.0.1 then (it's the same as localhost)

not valid? weird... well, try 127.0.0.1 then (it's the same as localhost)

still the same, to be honest, i consider myself very good at technical issues in computers but this problem made me feel like a rookee, i am confused as to what could be the reason behind this

Try pinging 127.0.0.1 and localhost, see what it says...

Just like to butt in: I have renamed the topic title more appropriately. :)

If the hub is on the same pc, find out it's IP, could be internal one (LAN), use the IP as addy.

Make sure the hub is up and serving.

IP can be found from windows command-line by typing ipconfig or ifconfig

Make sure the hub accepts internal IP's in search on your profile

Try pinging 127.0.0.1 and localhost, see what it says...

It was able to ping the IP yet still no luck logging in

If the hub is on the same pc, find out it's IP, could be internal one (LAN), use the IP as addy.

Make sure the hub is up and serving.

IP can be found from windows command-line by typing ipconfig or ifconfig

Make sure the hub accepts internal IP's in search on your profile

yes my router IP is 92.96.95.133 and i usually use it to run the hub and accordingly try to login using APEX yet no result, my lan is 192.168.1.2 also

So not sure if i am using something wrong here someplace, i usually go to my router settings and activate the DMZ using 192.168.1.2 - that had helped me make the hub go online and have users login to it with the exception of myself, i can see users logging in to my hub but i cannot for a reason

You should be able to connect through your internal IP, dchub://192.168.1.2 , all you need to do in your router is forwarding the hubport(411) to your internal IP(192.168.1.2) to let users connect.

You should be able to connect through your internal IP, dchub://192.168.1.2 , all you need to do in your router is forwarding the hubport(411) to your internal IP(192.168.1.2) to let users connect.

oh man................I love you it worked finally, after 1 year of not being able to login to the hub

thanks for everyone's contribution to this thread, it was worth spending my time in the forum

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0