maa

Firewall with UPnP (WinXP+ Only)

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm using apexdc++ with "Firewall with UPnP (WinXP+ Only)" option. Since I use this option, I can't browse the web and use apexdc++ at the same time. I don't have this problem when in passive mode...

Does anyone knows how to lift this conflict?

Thank you in advance for any advices :)

max

Do you have the limiter enabled? Just wondering if your bandwidth is saturated because you're in active mode.

Do you have the limiter enabled? Just wondering if your bandwidth is saturated because you're in active mode.

what's the limiter?

What is strange is that I don't have this problem with DC++... and if the bandwidth would be saturated, shouldn't it at least load the pages slowly? Here the web pages doesn't load at all even if I don't download or upload.

I keep getting Failed to create port mappings whenever i launch the app. What is the major malfunction with Direct Connect clients and UPnP? every other piece of software and games handle it perfectly, a clear example is utorrent. but with ApexDc++ I never got UPnP working.

I have a brand new Cisco Linksys router, a win7 machine

So I guess automatic simply doesn't work?

How about setting up the manual part in my router?

Single Port or Port Range Forwarding? Since apexdc++ has port fields for TCP, UDP Port, TLS/TCP, DHT/UDP. Should I have a seperate entry in the router for all the different Port fields?

I would like the app to function not for me but for others, I use it to share my resources to help spread those hard-to find media / applications, games etc. my upload ration is 12 times that off my download. But on occasion I download some music.

How about setting up the manual part in my router?

Single Port or Port Range Forwarding? Since apexdc++ has port fields for TCP, UDP Port, TLS/TCP, DHT/UDP. Should I have a seperate entry in the router for all the different Port fields?

Yes, forward each port separately and you should be good to go. ;)