Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huskateer

Apex 1.3.6 keeps freezing

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have recently been having problems with Apex DC++, it keeps freezing during uptime. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times to absolutely no avail. I am currently running the x64 version of 1.3.6. I'm not sure where to proceed from here and Google searches haven't really helped all that much. Any help would be appreciated. i am also using Windows 7 x64 if that's relevant at all.

Is it hashing?

How many hubs are you connected to?

Are there any transfers?

Is it hashing?

How many hubs are you connected to?

Are there any transfers?

Sorry I haven't responded in a while. I thought the problem resolved itself, as it's been happening a lot less. However, it still freezes from time to time. When it does freeze

1) it's not hashing

2) I am connected to just one hub

3) there are transfers going on

thanks for the help.

Are you using the correct version (x64) of Apex?

Is it freezing with "Not responding" status in Task manager, and then, after some time, it continues as usual, or it just freezes and doesn't unfreeze, forcing you to kill the process via Task manager?

Have you tried checking your hard drive/memory for errors?

Are you using the correct version (x64) of Apex?

Is it freezing with "Not responding" status in Task manager, and then, after some time, it continues as usual, or it just freezes and doesn't unfreeze, forcing you to kill the process via Task manager?

Have you tried checking your hard drive/memory for errors?

1) I am currently using the x64 version of Apex.

2) When it freezes, the entire screen turns white, and I receive a "not responding" status. Windows explorer then prompts me to wither close the program or wait. It becomes unresponsive no matter what I do and I am forced to terminate it.

3) How can test my hard drive for error?

3) How can test my hard drive for error?

To check your hard drive use a windows utility named chkdsk. Run it from the command line, for example:

chkdsk c: /f

(perform this with all your hard drive letters).

To check your memory, use memtest.

To check your hard drive use a windows utility named chkdsk. Run it from the command line, for example:

chkdsk c: /f

(perform this with all your hard drive letters).

To check your memory, use memtest.

Apologies for my late, late, response; I've had a lot of school work lately. OK when I type chkdsk c: / c into the cmd prompt, I get a message that says "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode."

Where do I proceed from here?

Also, I've updated Apex to version 1.3.8, but I still have same problems as before.

Apologies for my late, late, response; I've had a lot of school work lately. OK when I type chkdsk c: / c into the cmd prompt, I get a message that says "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode."

Where do I proceed from here?

Also, I've updated Apex to version 1.3.8, but I still have same problems as before.

Make sure you run cmd in admin mode. Right click > administrator

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0