Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keyter

Apex using up memory (RAM)

4 posts in this topic

Love the app, works better than most.

We use it in a LAN environment once a month, 1 hub, about 300 users.

This weekend past I had a problem which some of my friends also had in the past.

Once I connect to the hub it seems as though the downloads are stored in the memory. starting off at around 1.3Gig total mem used, it steadily climbs to 4gig and then the PC becomes slow/unresponsive. After waiting a few minutes, there is suddenly some mem coming free, and then it starts getting used up again. Any ideas?

We use a gigabit LAN and I have a i5 750, 4gig DDR3, Vista ultimate 64, Apex DC 1.3.1.

Thanks

Love the app, works better than most.

We use it in a LAN environment once a month, 1 hub, about 300 users.

This weekend past I had a problem which some of my friends also had in the past.

Once I connect to the hub it seems as though the downloads are stored in the memory. starting off at around 1.3Gig total mem used, it steadily climbs to 4gig and then the PC becomes slow/unresponsive. After waiting a few minutes, there is suddenly some mem coming free, and then it starts getting used up again. Any ideas?

We use a gigabit LAN and I have a i5 750, 4gig DDR3, Vista ultimate 64, Apex DC 1.3.1.

Thanks

Hey keyter,

I've not come across this behaviour before. Have you tried using the latest version? There has been some fixes in memory usage since 1.3.1.

Hey keyter,

I've not come across this behaviour before. Have you tried using the latest version? There has been some fixes in memory usage since 1.3.1.

I'll upgrade and give it a shot next month.

Will I have to re-hash after the upgrade?

Thanks

(Only thing I can think of that changed since the last time it worked 100% was the Kaspersky 2010 Internet Security I loaded)

I'll upgrade and give it a shot next month.

Will I have to re-hash after the upgrade?

Thanks

(Only thing I can think of that changed since the last time it worked 100% was the Kaspersky 2010 Internet Security I loaded)

No you won't need to rehash. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0