Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhazor

ApexDC++ is slow.

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. My share is close to 1TB and it takes like 15-20 minutes for ApexDC++ to start at every system startup because it is rehashing entire share... Is there a way to make it faster?

Also is there a way to re-hash only one folder or something where the new files/folders appears and not the entire share? Because always I get new file (few megs) I press CTRL+E and it looks for a new file for another 10 minutes to hash! It is just crazy. So much time waste for adding new files...

I thought maybe there's a way somehow to monitor a random folder for new files (downloaded not from hubs), so they would be automatically added to hash without re-checking entire share (checking only the selected folder). That would be much faster.

Or maybe my PC is too slow? I am using Windows XP on AMD64 3000+ 1.5GB RAM. Or maybe that's because of the HDD which is external (USB)?

Please help. Thank you.

Is your entire share getting re-hashed even when you add just one file?

Sounds like ApexDC++ doesn't have the correct file permissions to save the hashdata.

After each CTR+E the line at the bottom which shows Shared: xGB drops to 0 bytes, looks for new files (~15 minutes), hashes new files and it goes back to the full size of share. And it is so annoying. It takes too long. My hard drive is buzzing all the time while it is searching for one new folder or file in entire share. There are no permissions on my computer. Its Windows XP not some Vista and etc... No firewall.

Also is it bad for hard drive for repeated re-hash? Because there are even options for auto re-hash in time and etc...

If your external hard drive always has the same drive letter and all the directory structure is left intact, Apex performs no additional hashing - just checks the existence of the files and adds them to the filelist. Of course, new files, which have been not hashed yet, are found and hashed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0