Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.3.5

11 posts in this topic

A new update to ApexDC++ is now available to download. This version comes with DHT enabled by default and can be switched off in settings. We believe it will enhance our users' download experience by finding more sources for files. We have a What is DHT? guide for anybody wanting to find out more information.

You can read the full release notes or download the update immediately from our download page.

Please use our new tracker to report any issues with this version.

Werningysq likes this

M-m-m... cool, IP.Tracker :).

Btw, BulgariaN TranslatioN is Up-to-Date now with the latest version released. N'joy :).

M-m-m... cool, IP.Tracker :).

Btw, BulgariaN TranslatioN is Up-to-Date now with the latest version released. N'joy :).

Yep, thanks.

The customise page has a few translations ready for 1.3.5.

in old published apex you where able to copy favorites,Queue and hash.

But in this new release i dont see that's possible.

Any ideas?

Hmmmm, not sure that DHT being automatically enabled is really a good thing for private hubs but I guess most people wouldn't know to enable it so it's better off being on by default.

In any case, it's simple enough to block clients with DHT enabled hub-side for private hubs so good job bringing more features in ;)

Hmmmm, not sure that DHT being automatically enabled is really a good thing for private hubs but I guess most people wouldn't know to enable it so it's better off being on by default.

In any case, it's simple enough to block clients with DHT enabled hub-side for private hubs so good job bringing more features in ;)

Yeah, it's an issue we have been considering since it was first introduced. Private hubs have had plenty of time to detect and manage DHT users correctly. The benefits to public hub users is brilliant and like you said, not many users would know how to enable it (but would be able to disable it with a message from hub).

Also, since any DHT security issues are only private hubs admins' myth, they must solve anything about it by their own. From what I have already read, I'm thinking about removing DHT detection and putting enabled DHT in hub count in tag (NMDC) or INF/HN (ADC). It will more reflect so-called private issues and will be more honest.

"<Odin> Last password for this user was wrong, you need to wait 12 min 38 sec before you try again!"

This popped up when I upgraded and I had it so my password would be sent automatically. I am almost positive I know it and I typed it in but it won't go through. HELP!