Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
patch1

Partial downloads not saved

6 posts in this topic

If a download is interrupted for any reason then it goes back to the start of the file even if 12-50% of a 0.7 to 4.5GB file is already downloaded. Stopping and restarting ApexDC reliably demonstrates this.

I have noticed this behaviour since upgrading to 1.3.4 which I did from the previous version (1.3.3) via the installer, retaining the previous configuration in the process.

The downloads start with [T] or [T][Z] ie do not contain [C]

Enable segmented downloads is ticked.

I couldn't find any other relevant settings but that maybe as I don't know where to look.

What am I doing wrong or is this normal?

btw

I am running windows 7

ApexDC runs from an ordinary users account (not administrator), and the program is installed into the program folder (c:\Program files\ApexDC\).

[C] means chunked transfer, so I would guess the file is being downloaded in one big chunk which can be saved only after finishing it all. In this case it might be the client on the other side does not support chunked transfers. If I am wrong, someone correct me please.

Mek

I think you are spot on the mark.

The person I was mainly trying to download from was running a new computer / set up. I got confused as a second person I tried to download from also had no [C] with the same result. When I tried a third person it worked as expected, supporting [C].

As it turns out the new system I was trying to download from is

A FreeBSD server, which runs a CentOS vm

The files are shared from the FreeBSD system to the CentOS box by SMB

The CentOS vm runs mldonkey.

Debug window shows

mldonkey "Supports MiniSlots XmlBZList ADCGet TTHF"

vs ApexDC "Supports MiniSlots XmlBZList ADCGet TTHL TTHF ZLIG"

Getting the other user to mount the files via another computer running ApexDC enabled [T][Z][C] from that client.

Interestingly I could then download from the original mldonkey client using [T][C] but the user list then showed that client greyed out. (still with a blue shield)

So yes it looks like a problem with mldonkey capability or configuration.

Anyone know a better client for a headless Linux server?

I know a command-line client "microdc2". But I don't know if it supports chunked tranfers, haven't been using it for that long.

Only verified downloaded data are saved to disk. If remote client doesn't provide full TTH tree (or provides invalid one), then verification will be based on whole TTH root, so it will be processed at the end of whole file. And it means parts before can't be verified, so they won't be saved to disk.

Only verified downloaded data are saved to disk. If remote client doesn't provide full TTH tree (or provides invalid one), then verification will be based on whole TTH root, so it will be processed at the end of whole file.

Thanks

I take it that means [T] is all that is really required to support partial file downloads ([C] is not essential)

Either way it points to a mldonkey problem.

Currently looking at replacing it with some other perhaps using X11 redirects on the headless server.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0