Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XZed

Back to DC++ some years later...

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I used DC++ protocol a few years ago, at its beginning...

I always considered it as the best P2P software...

Then, i left it during a few years...

Now, for the 2K10 Year :), i decided to use it again...

But, i'm faced with the several changes : some DC++ clients unmaintained, new ones, etc..

So, i studied this and read a lot of articles and i decided to chose ApexDC++ client.

Previously, i used to edit my favorites.xml file in order to auto-connect t o a huge number of hub.

So i edited my favorites.xml file and added ~ 2300 hubs : the sum of the three best actual hublists...

Yeah, i'm totally crazy...i know, but, in the old times, i already did it (with less hubs, it's right...).

I don't care waiting a few minutes while it's launching and connecting to hubs : i want to access the maximum files i can (DC++ hadn't such success without its quantity of shared files...).

But i'm faced with some problems :

* i tried many DC++ clients : well, i can accept that it can be hard for them to launch it (+2000 hubs) :) : if some people try as me : which settings do you use to reduce charge ?

* I tried to edit my favorites.xml file with different quantity of hubs : 200, 500, 1000 & +2000. My DC++ client doesn't connect to more than ~ 150 hubs (it varies from 100 to 200 hubs connected)... is there any hard limit ?

I'm actually sharing +100 Go of data : it seems that it permits me accessing most of the hubs (am i right ?).

So, i don't care about resources used : i want to access most of the hubs.

So, anyone could explain if it's possible or not (and why/why not ?) ?

Or does someone have a huge working favorites.xml (but how does it differ from mine ?) ?

By the way, as an alternative to multiple hubs auto-connect, i found this :

http://dcsearch.sitesled.com/

Does it really work ? Has someone already tried ?

Thank you for your answers and for helping retrieve the best of DC++ protocol :D,

Sincerely,

XZed

Welcome back :)

Enable the DHT global network and that will found more sources for you. There's no need to connect to more than 100 public hubs...

* i tried many DC++ clients : well, i can accept that it can be hard for them to launch it (+2000 hubs) :) : if some people try as me : which settings do you use to reduce charge ?

* I tried to edit my favorites.xml file with different quantity of hubs : 200, 500, 1000 & +2000. My DC++ client doesn't connect to more than ~ 150 hubs (it varies from 100 to 200 hubs connected)... is there any hard limit ?

I'm actually sharing +100 Go of data : it seems that it permits me accessing most of the hubs (am i right ?).

Most of decent hubs up there will let you in only if you have less open hubs then 100 (so it is not only how much you share but how good you are as a user to the hub when you upload) but that is your own choice what quality of hubs you want to enter. I don't even think someone will reply who is actually using more then 100 hubs simply because people don't do that, but good luck and welcome back to DC.

Welcome back :)

Enable the DHT global network and that will found more sources for you. There's no need to connect to more than 100 public hubs...

Thank you very much for you answer :) !

I specified a port in "DHT/UDP" field that i natted (UDP) to my b0x... but the "DHT" field, on the bottom of the ApexDC++ window, stays empty ("DHT:-")... I checked many times all the network configuration (by the way, other NAT works...)...

Is there any option to check/enable ?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

XZed

Most of decent hubs up there will let you in only if you have less open hubs then 100 (so it is not only how much you share but how good you are as a user to the hub when you upload) but that is your own choice what quality of hubs you want to enter. I don't even think someone will reply who is actually using more then 100 hubs simply because people don't do that, but good luck and welcome back to DC.

Thank you very much for your answer :)

In fact, i hope you understood my reasons : it wasn't "bad" intentions, i perfectly understand the "spirit" your explaining about...

I simply wanted to increase my "search potential" :)

OK, thank you very much for explanations about how hubs function !

Sincerely,

XZed

Thank you very much for you answer :) !

I specified a port in "DHT/UDP" field that i natted (UDP) to my b0x... but the "DHT" field, on the bottom of the ApexDC++ window, stays empty ("DHT:-")... I checked many times all the network configuration (by the way, other NAT works...)...

Is there any option to check/enable ?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

XZed

Yep, it's in Advanced -> Publish files on DHT or something like that :)

This night, i put my glasses again, and check it again, thanks :) !

Well, i hadn't seen this option :)

I'm actually seeing the DHT number increasing slowly :)

Thank you very much !!!

Sincerely,

XZed

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0