Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matrixcode2

Problem

5 posts in this topic

hi... was forced to do the upgrade from 1.3.1 64b to 1.3.2 64b on windows 7.... 1.3.1 allways worked fine .. now after the upgrade when apex starts the settings window pop's open and them just freezes... and says not responding ,,,, any Ideas ??? stumped here ...thanks

hi... was forced to do the upgrade from 1.3.1 64b to 1.3.2 64b on windows 7.... 1.3.1 allways worked fine .. now after the upgrade when apex starts the settings window pop's open and them just freezes... and says not responding ,,,, any Ideas ??? stumped here ...thanks

Did you install the new version in the same folder as the old? The settings page should not open if you have upgraded correctly.

Did you install the new version in the same folder as the old? The settings page should not open if you have upgraded correctly.

yes ... same folder .... i have used dc & apex for many years and have never had this happen ......also i am running win7 64bit,,,

i did not have any downloads waiting so i decided to do a cpmpleat uninstall and reboot ,,, them reinstall ,,, but to no avail same thing ....

stumped!! lol

If you installed with dcppboot.xml previously look in AppData for your favorites... delete anything else and do a clean install (I don't think the uninstaller deletes settings if they are stored in AppData you see, so your clean install won't have been a clean install).

Another thing you can try is hold the shift key before/while starting apexdc which prevents it from auto-connecting to favorite hubs on startup among other minor things.

If you installed with dcppboot.xml previously look in AppData for your favorites... delete anything else and do a clean install (I don't think the uninstaller deletes settings if they are stored in AppData you see, so your clean install won't have been a clean install).

Another thing you can try is hold the shift key before/while starting apexdc which prevents it from auto-connecting to favorite hubs on startup among other minor things.

thanks you ,,, Problem solved,,,,

by using the shift key to keep apex from auto connecting i was able to

reset all settings and now everything is just fine ,,,thanks again

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0