Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devil4810

Can only connect to some users

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm using ApexDC++ on a hub at my college, and I can connect to most users just fine, but for a few others, when I try to get their file list, it will say "download finished" in the very bottom status bar, "file not available" in the UL/DL list section, and "Connection to <user> failed: Timeout" in the log section. I can't end up seeing the file list at all. The same thing happens when I use DC++ instead of ApexDC++. I don't _think_ it's me, since I am able to connect to many other people fine, but I'm really not sure. Things are a bit complicated because I'm using Dtella, and my connection settings are just "direct connection to the internet." I'm not sure what could be going wrong, so any ideas at all would be appreciated. I've tried killing/restarting both dtella and my clients multiple times, and just restarting my computer, but that hasn't helped. Also, I'm not sure if this means anything, but the user that I'm having trouble connecting to right now takes a little longer than all the others to show up in the user list. Thanks!

There is many reasons for such behaviour. Some clients that other users use are not compatible with ApexDc or with DC++ or other commonly used clients, can be updated, wrong build and their filelists are not available, or a client has slots locked for taking filelists. If you can download most of filelists in hubs, then connection timeouts and not available filelists are not your fault B)

More info if it helps: I'm pretty sure the other clients I had trouble with were just DC++ (only ++ in the tag). I also know that my roommate, who uses shakespeer on mac, was able to get the lists of the people that I wasn't, and I could get his list, along with most others (shakespeer and other DC++). Also, after I made that first post, I had a similar problem with someone using the most recent ApexDC++, except it was only intermittent. We both tried killing/restarting dtella and apexdc when we were timing out, but the ability to get each other's file list really just seemed random. This hub has only been up for a couple weeks, so everyone probably has the most recent versions of their respective clients.

What was that about TCP/TLS ports? Is there any way I can check to see if that is the problem?

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0