Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoseCSS

[1.3.0] Autosorting search results doesn't work

5 posts in this topic

I usually sort search results by size.

Whenever i start a new search, results are unsorted, i think they're sorted only by order of appearance.

I mightn't want to have them ordered in real time (though it would be the best solution), but Apex should at least order them at the end of search.

Oh, two things more:

- It would be great if Apex could order by 2 fields... i mean i'd like to order by size, but also by TTH if two files have the same size and different TTH.

- Apex should remember these orderings when starting another search in another tab and of course, when you close and reopen it.

And v1.3.0 has broken autosorting on Download queue. I have it sorted by Added date, but when i add a new download it gets located randomly, not at the end as it should be.

Results are sorted with every 15th result to decrease CPU usage on large searches and to allow working with results during searching. It can't be done on end of search, because it's undetectable.

I don't feel any sorting at any rate...

In fact i'm always soting by size (ascending) and it's usual to get 00 files (sfv, nfo,...) at the end (those are the files with less size in music releases). Try to sort by size and start a search.

I ended hating official DC++, but it was able to sort search results in real time.

"And v1.3.0 has broken autosorting on Download queue. I have it sorted by Added date, but when i add a new download it gets located randomly, not at the end as it should be."

--> This one is true... Apex is going worse in sorting capabilities.

I was partially wrong. That each-15-results resorting occurs only when sorted by Hits column. In other case, it should insert items correctly sorted.

I have to insist... if you order by Size (Asc), then files with lower size should be on top, just below folders.

And i see many of them (scene releases) in the bottom.

Please try to search by Size (Ascending) and tell me what's happening with 50 results.

PS: I think items should be located in correct order each time a new item is added, so you don't need to reorder, just to place in order.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0