georgeroza

unable to download a movie or anythink else

17 posts in this topic

After I installed Appex,I wanted to download a movie;how can I do that ? Thanks...

Yeah it may seem like a dumb question; but I'm in the same boat. I have read all the help guides but they are way too in depth- i just want to know how to find movies or music. Any time I connect to a hub it says "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Any help?

Yeah it may seem like a dumb question; but I'm in the same boat. I have read all the help guides but they are way too in depth- i just want to know how to find movies or music. Any time I connect to a hub it says "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Any help?

Im sorry to say this, but DC++ in general, including Apex, is not an easy solution. If you not willing to work through the guide's step by step, it isnt the app for you.

Im sorry to say this, but DC++ in general, including Apex, is not an easy solution. If you not willing to work through the guide's step by step, it isnt the app for you.

That's all? at least shed a little light on the problem with the automatic disconnect - and the only thing i found regarding the error message dates back 4 years ago. have a little patience

That's all? at least shed a little light on the problem with the automatic disconnect - and the only thing i found regarding the error message dates back 4 years ago. have a little patience

Huh? Patience for what? You said in a previous topic you dont have the patience to read the guide's. Yet they answer your problem, until you have done so we cannot provide anymore help.

Huh? Patience for what? You said in a previous topic you dont have the patience to read the guide's. Yet they answer your problem, until you have done so we cannot provide anymore help.

Look again; I actually said that "I have read all the help guides"

states it pretty clearly actually.

my problem is that all of the issues they talk about in the guides are beyond the point at which im stuck. im looking for someone with advice regarding my previously stated error message. if you havent got any - keep the comments to yourself.

Can you actually connect to any hub? When does it say "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." ? Does it even connect or does it spit out this error message immediately after "Connecting..."?

Can you actually connect to any hub? When does it say "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." ? Does it even connect or does it spit out this error message immediately after "Connecting..."?

It will say it directly after Connected:

"[11:00:16] *** Connecting to ----------...

[11:00:16] *** Connected

[11:00:16] *** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Does it do this when trying to connect to ANY hub?

If so, you might have some too agressive firewall installed (or anything else is blocking it) or maybe your ISP started throttling DC traffic.

Does it do this when trying to connect to ANY hub?

If so, you might have some too agressive firewall installed (or anything else is blocking it) or maybe your ISP started throttling DC traffic.

yeah that sounds like a port issue....depending on what OS he using they need to make sure they have a tcp and a udp port open in either the router/modem and or OS firewall, that and making sure all the user name info is in the settings.......I agree with a previous comment though, most of the answers are in the user guides, sometimes it's just a matter of back tracking every step....I sure know I have had to do it countless times with users and myself during more advanced senior moments.

yeah that sounds like a port issue....depending on what OS he using they need to make sure they have a tcp and a udp port open in either the router/modem and or OS firewall, that and making sure all the user name info is in the settings.......I agree with a previous comment though, most of the answers are in the user guides, sometimes it's just a matter of back tracking every step....I sure know I have had to do it countless times with users and myself during more advanced senior moments.

To answer the previous question; no it doesn't happen every single time - just 9 times out of 10. the ones it allows me to stay connected to dont show any file list though.

I am using manual port forwarding and after testing the connection it says it is working with the current UDP and TCP.

I am also using Vista. I have not set up user name info - i have a nickname but nothing else.

Sorry for all the questions but I honestly dont know where to even look in the guides.

also; i am on a college campus and i realize that may be a major issue - but it still says the connection is OK nonetheless

To answer the previous question; no it doesn't happen every single time - just 9 times out of 10. the ones it allows me to stay connected to dont show any file list though.

I am using manual port forwarding and after testing the connection it says it is working with the current UDP and TCP.

I am also using Vista. I have not set up user name info - i have a nickname but nothing else.

Sorry for all the questions but I honestly dont know where to even look in the guides.

also; i am on a college campus and i realize that may be a major issue - but it still says the connection is OK nonetheless

Hmm, do you have Apex installed to program files?

If so, try moving it to the core C:\ and try again. Just for troubleshooting purposes.

Hmm, do you have Apex installed to program files?

If so, try moving it to the core C:\ and try again. Just for troubleshooting purposes.

yes ive got it installed in Programs(x86) ill try moving it now

after moving it, i get the same results.

one hub ive managed to connect to responded with this:

"[18:49:37] *** Connecting to hub.metal-gods.org:5555...

[18:49:37] *** Connected

[18:49:38] <The_Trooper> This Hub Is Running Version 0.9.8d-RC2 (Thursday September 13 2007) of VerliHub[RunTime:16weeks 5days ].[Current User Count:114].

[18:49:38] <The_Trooper> This hub is enhanced by plugman for Verlihub.

[18:49:38] <The_Trooper> You share 0MB, but the min share is 1024MB. (active:1024MB / passive:1024)

[18:49:38] *** Connecting to hub.metal-gods.org...

[18:49:38] *** Connected

[18:49:38] <The_Trooper> This Hub Is Running Version 0.9.8d-RC2 (Thursday September 13 2007) of VerliHub[RunTime:16weeks 5days ].[Current User Count:114].

[18:49:38] <The_Trooper> This hub is enhanced by plugman for Verlihub.

[18:49:39] <The_Trooper> You share 0MB, but the min share is 1024MB. (active:1024MB / passive:1024)

[18:49:39] *** Redirect request received to a hub that's already connected

[18:49:39] *** Disconnected"

i dont know if that gives anyone any insight.

0mg, it's clearly stated there

[18:49:39] <The_Trooper> You share 0MB, but the min share is 1024MB. (active:1024MB / passive:1024)
I wonder when people actually read what the program says??

0mg, it's clearly stated there

I wonder when people actually read what the program says??

yeah that much is obvious. i was referring to the version # or the "plugman by Verlihub" and why i may be able to get into that hub as opposed to every other one.

Thanks for pointing out that bit though! I appreciate your attempt at ridicule :)

yeah that much is obvious. i was referring to the version # or the "plugman by Verlihub" and why i may be able to get into that hub as opposed to every other one.

Thanks for pointing out that bit though! I appreciate your attempt at ridicule :)

The client seems like it is not correctly configured. First, you need to set up a share. Then you need to read the guides (again).

Sorry to re-iterite myself, but you really need to make the effort to do that before we can make the effort to help you.

The client seems like it is not correctly configured. First, you need to set up a share. Then you need to read the guides (again).

Sorry to re-iterite myself, but you really need to make the effort to do that before we can make the effort to help you.

Alright well I was finally given a correct Hub to go to, and have gotten it to work. thanks everyone for the help