Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shreeyashattal

hub vows, no access

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

i'm trying to put up a hub, but i'm facing lots of issues

1. I'm using yhub as a host, however i can connect to the hub only via the same computer that hosts, i'm unable to access the hub from a remote computer over the internet

i get a error sayin remote host did not not respond

2. i can log into public hubs, but unable to browse through file lists and perform search

I'm using a direct connection, modem>>desktop computer, so i don't thing port forwarding should be the issue here, could the problem be with yhub or apexdc++?

I also have a query, if the hub were to be accessed by users in nearby areas using the the same internet service provider, will it act like a lan and download speeds be higher than usual?

thanking in advance.

yash

To answer the first part of your post - looks like a firewall of some sort is blocking the connections. Try disabling it (including the windows one). If you don't have a firewall on your computer, then, as you say your connection is direct, your ISP may be blocking the connections using a keep-state firewall (means that inbound connections are not allowed).

I also have a query, if the hub were to be accessed by users in nearby areas using the the same internet service provider, will it act like a lan and download speeds be higher than usual?

thanking in advance.

yash

Depends on your ISP if his inner network allows faster speeds (most probably it doesn't).

Proxy is slow. Most probably using a passive mode will sort it out. If not, ask your ISP if they are blocking anything.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0