Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blacksun

cannot connect to external ip

4 posts in this topic

first of all, let me say hi to all members and users of apex! it's a great piece of software and it has the possibility to grow and become even better.

now to my issue. i am behind a linux box that also acts as a rooter. i usually port forward ports to all applications i use on my network, all has worked and works fine (most of the time)

I recently noticed that apex (and other dc clients) spit the following error when i'm trying to get filelists or connect to other users:

You cannot connect to an external IP because you are in LAN

This said, it doesn't let me connect to any user, on any hub i'm on. Anyone else encountered this message? It seems nowhere to be found.

Any ideas?

So:

- port forwarding, linux box, open ports, working transfers/search (most of the time), properly configured firewall (both on the linux box and the clients), UPnP disabled, check connection returns positive

I will provide further info on request.

With regards,

blacksun

I think I saw this message when I had a LAN IP in my "External/WAN IP" input box but it's just a feeling (it was a long time ago). Otherwise, no idea...

I think I saw this message when I had a LAN IP in my "External/WAN IP" input box but it's just a feeling (it was a long time ago). Otherwise, no idea...

the client is bound to all interfaces on my pc.

I was talking about the "External/WAN IP" field, not the "Bind to interface" one :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0