Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
em7

hangs on download queue

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I got a problem... I remember having it on other (older) clients.

When trying to view the Download Queue it would simply just hang and use about 50% of CPU cycles.

I tried to filter out the Queue.xml... but still having this problem after so many version and not yet identified is weird.

With an empty queue it works alright, but loosing the queue shouldn't be a necessity.

Anyone can help with some idea on how to find out what is causing the hanging?

Hi

I got a problem... I remember having it on other (older) clients.

When trying to view the Download Queue it would simply just hang and use about 50% of CPU cycles.

I tried to filter out the Queue.xml... but still having this problem after so many version and not yet identified is weird.

With an empty queue it works alright, but loosing the queue shouldn't be a necessity.

Anyone can help with some idea on how to find out what is causing the hanging?

Have you upgraded keeping the current queue? How large is it?

Have you upgraded keeping the current queue? How large is it?

No... I've started with a 1.2.1 and a clean queue.

The Queue.xml that started this problem is 3.37 MB.

It was the same queue I used a few days ago, if not it was bigger.

The thing is that a few days ago it didn't even blink when I tried to open it... well, maybe one or two seconds, but it opened.

I left my PC on for a few days to catch some of the sources which are the only ones for half of my downloads and after that I don't know what happened.

It started to freeze... I remember having the same problem with RevConnect last year, when I was using it. Didn't think I would see this problem again.

Next, I did clear the xml file. For the single source downloads I was using separate subdirs... so I sorted them out... I cleared everything that I didn't want to download anymore and the size dropped to 2.11 MB. Then I made a single xml file for each subdir download. Each one of them loaded fine separately. I also noticed some of them don't have sources anymore so I started joining the ones with sources, one by one and restarting ApexDC to see if it would load the new queue. Well, right now I'm at a 1.47 MB queue, the rest are sourceless (I'll get to this problem later) and it hangs from 4 to 5 minutes. It didn't used to do that!

I've also rebuilt HashData.dat and HashIndex.xml, cleared the FileLists and the impartial files that don't have a reference in the new queue.

Regarding the missing sources... I found something, downloaded the sources file list, added whatever files I was interested in and later on I found out the files don't have a single source... did a search for alternates found the same user and re-added the files.

What happened there?... and why do the sources go away? User mismatch from two different hubs? In this case, shouldn't the source be identified by an IP hash or something more unique to them than the nick?

Well, is it a knowing bug? Is it going to be fixed or it will be overlooked?

I am having the same problem. It just started today...my download queue is smaller than yesterday and even this morning when it worked fine. approx 4mb. I had the entire apex folder backed up on another drive. I booted that one up (vers. 1.2.1). Same problem with that one. Not sure why it started at the same time in both directories. I had the queue.xml file backed up from last night so i shut down and copied the backup to first one and tried it. Same result. Copied to the other directory and tried it with the same result.

I will admit I haven't tried waiting 5 minutes for it to load. I have shut the client down at 3 minutes of stall time when after I click on Download Queue

My downloads continue and I can adjust them by opening in the queue by opening it and saving with notepad. I just can't view them in the client

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0