Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skink260

[1.2.1] does not respond after some time of leaving the compter idle

6 posts in this topic

this crash occurs when i leave the computer for a few hours and come back.

apexdc freezes and does not respond to anything. either the tray icon or "if i have left the window open" the window does not respond.

i happen to have to close it via the task manager and reopen it.

this actually happens in every versions after 1.2.0b . namely, 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 .

(1.2.0b works fine. does not matter if i leave it forever or not. it never crashes).

and if we compare with the regular dc++ software, it also has the same type of crash in every version after 0.707 (not in 0.707)

and i am afraid i can not give any error log or message since there is none available.

and i am afraid i can not give any error log or message since there is none available.

There's none available in the ApexDC++ directory? I know sombody who has experienced a similar issue here. Do you think you're receiving PM's?

this crash occurs when i leave the computer for a few hours and come back.

apexdc freezes and does not respond to anything. either the tray icon or "if i have left the window open" the window does not respond.

i happen to have to close it via the task manager and reopen it.

this actually happens in every versions after 1.2.0b . namely, 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 .

(1.2.0b works fine. does not matter if i leave it forever or not. it never crashes).

and if we compare with the regular dc++ software, it also has the same type of crash in every version after 0.707 (not in 0.707)

An important question. Are you using a Celeron or Centrino processor?

There's none available in the ApexDC++ directory? I know sombody who has experienced a similar issue here. Do you think you're receiving PM's?

i should check again for the error log.

i believe we both are having the same problem with that person.

However,

i just tested whether the crash occurs when i receive a pm, or not.

for the last 5 minutes i had no crashes having lots of PMs from my friends.

i am an op too and i also checked the kick/ban issue or the hub sending a message to mainchat issue. Yet, no crash happened.

And i also believe that i don't receive PMs when the crash occurs. Since the chat logs also stop then.

An important question. Are you using a Celeron or Centrino processor?

intel core2 duo t9300 2.5ghz

4 gb ram

windows vista ultimate 32 Bit SP2

It just crashed again.

There is no error log for sure in the ApexDC++ directory.

91649148.th.jpg

Above is a picture of my screen. There is a transparent window with the title "ApexDC++ Has Crashed"

This is the case when ApexDC++ was not minimized before the crash. If it were minimized, it would just not respond.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0