Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
air

Some buggy bugz

5 posts in this topic

1. first detected in 1.2.0 stable

when upload speed limits are enabled, the progressbar ticker respects the limit boundary instead of using '5 ticks' setting for calculations only

post-21545-1239772671_thumb.png

thus i have 64KiB five ticks up (~12.8 KiB/tick) when limits are disabled and approx 64 KiB + ~26 KiB/tick (up to limited 168 KiB) when limits are on.

1.2.0b seemed to work correctly

2. first detected in 1.2.0b, persists in 1.2.0

'chat doubleclick on user action' set to 'send public message' stops working after some huge uptime (usually afer 2 or more days). setting is in its place (e.g. not autoset to default or something) but username doubleclick is not working. somehow feature is hub-dependable - doubleclicking can work on one hub and not work on another one at the same time.

maybe this have something to do with chat buffer (as for my apex it is set to 250000 - i have lots of RAM) because this kind of behaviour is seen mostly on overcrowded hubs with enabled mainchat

3. first detected in apex 1.0.0b5, persists till 1.2.0

/commands that utilize +me by default (like /w, /ratio or /status) should be set to utilize /me like it does in dchub: and adc: instead

upd

4. this crash have not been fixed in 1.2.0

I really don't get what is wrong with number 1. as for number 3. that was an intentional change... thinking of changing it back soon.

thank you for your answer

i had some investigation of the 1st bug and so i'll try to explain it with some related drama

for example i have 200 KiB/s upload, 4 slots, big upload queue and '5 ticks' set to 50 KiB/s - that is 10 KiB/s of upload per every 'tick' (5th tick's minimum is set to 50 KiB/s, 4th - 40 KiB/s and so on). so i have 4 active uploads, each at 50KiB/s average speed, that is 4 or 5 'ticks' displayed.

then i set up an upload limit of 100 KiB and start watching my uploads. and then i notice that all my uploads now have only 25 KiB/s (this was expected) but only one 'tick' on the progressbar (i expected 2 'ticks'). 40 KiB/s per slot is the checkpoint where the active upload obtains the 2nd 'tick' on its progressbar. so that's the evidence of '5 ticks' been set to 100 KiB/s or, in other words, my limit.

when limit button is off, everything is allrighty

get it now?

why so? from my point of view this is very strange. i supposed it should always count the tick amount from settings

i always have 3 to 9 active uploads. the '5 ticks' setting allows me to visually compare my uploads with lots of ease but this doesn't work well when limits are on - all of my uploads have 1 tick (or 2, very rare).

maybe you'd think of changing the mechanism slightly to something like

n = %maub% / %cadn%

5 ticks = [1.5n to %maub%]

4 ticks = [1.2n to 1.5n]

3 ticks = [0.8n to 1.2n]

2 ticks = [0.5n to 0.8n]

1 tick = [0 to 0.5n]

%maub% stands for 'max available upload bandwidth' and may be the limit (in case of limits enabled) or the '5 ticks' setting;

%cadn% stands for 'current active uploads number';

multipliers are subject to change

i guess something like this should be a much more fair than what we have now

and what about #2 and #4? thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0