Chrisss

"Error creating adc registry key"

7 posts in this topic

So I just reformatted my computer (Vista Business 32-bit with all important updates) and installed ApexDC++ (v 1.2.0B). I was previously running v 1.1.0 with no problems, but I keep getting these two errors:

"Error creating magnet registry key"

"Error creating adc registry key"

The first I have worked around by disabling the installation of the magnet URI handler, but the second one I cannot find a fix for on either these forums or all of Google (at least, not in English). Does anyone have any clue what the problem is? I'd rather not have to uninstall this version and downgrade to the one that used to work for me.

no fix really needed the current Apex need to run in admin mode in order to register key this is fixxed in DC++ 0.75 that works under vista so next time Apex updates its core to 0.75 this problem will be gone :D

i didnt get any msg when i ran 0.75 atleast havent really tested it more then needed for making screenshots

So just a report back: I changed the properties of the exe to run the program as an administrator and it worked. :)

i didnt get any msg when i ran 0.75 atleast havent really tested it more then needed for making screenshots

as I see, the last DC++ source code still uses HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to store this information, so it need admin rights.

A simple solution that comes too my mind is that the app shouldn't set the value each time

just check if its the default magnet or link handler that way it shouldn't need admin rights every time only upon association.

my guess is atm that every time the app starts it writes the value there instead of just checking the value

Edited by Toast