Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tantilucica

queues lost

6 posts in this topic

Often, but not allways, after exiting the program, when restarting almost everything is lost. Download queue is empty, favorite hubs mantain only tech-geeks, favorite users list is empty. But some of the finished downloads list is still there.

This is a problem mainly when downloading a folder, because in the end I don't know how much was downloaded and I must restart "da capo". This is wery frustrating. Also, with bigger files, it's sad to see them in the unfinished folder, occupying a lot of space, without any chance to restart them but from the start.

It would be nice to have some export/import options with this lists, to save the status before exiting for to have wherefrom to recover them if lost.

Question: are you running vista and have apex installed in program dir and have UAC actived ?

Question: are you running vista and have apex installed in program dir and have UAC actived ?

OS is Windows XP

Apex is in Program Files (unaltered setup)

UAC?

It happened again.

I close Apex from File menu.

Later I open it againt.

Favorite users are there, favorite hubs is too, but download queue is empty. Empty at all. No other sign of malfunction, but that that it has lost the queue of unfinished downloads.

And now again.

So, I've closed ApexDC++ two or three time without penalty.

And after, last time that I have restarted it, all queues and some lists where bare empty. Partly remainded fav users and finished downloads but the rest all gone were them.

Could somebody give a bit of advice, where to look for it?

OS is WinXP SP2, RAM is 512, closing the program was for finishing MS updates but I have given all the time for cleanly finishing all savings and whatever does Apex after File/Exit (until it was no more visible in TaskManager processes)

The phenomenon is happening from time to time, but not every time when exiting. It's very frustrating not to have some way to save the current lists and states. Or it is some way?

Something is seriously wrong, thats for sure.

Nothing of what you see is normal.

Every setting should be kept between restarts, thats for sure. So either something is stoping the client from saving the files, or something is removing/corrupting them between runs.

I have no idea what it could be except the usual spyware/virii checks

Also make sure that you actually have full access to the folder where Apex is saving its settings (xml-files)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0