Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IVR

Different slot settings for different hubs

4 posts in this topic

First of all, thank you very much for your work and for your brilliant program! It works excellent, but I still need one thing...

I have one share and 2 connections to different LANs - one is ADSL (2 MB/s up) and other is Ethernet (via home router, 100 MB/s).

There are two hubs in two these LANs.

As you see, there can be bad situation - users from one hub could take all free slots.

Or another: I can upload to 50 users of second network simultaneously (some of second network users have very-very slow connections - 5-10-20 kb/s). But for first network (ADSL) 50 upload slots look stupid (250 kbytes/sec / 50 slots = 5 kbytes/sec!).

Imagine, than I have 50 slots and 50 connected users - 25 from first LAN and 25 from second LAN. It is all OK for second LAN - speeds staying high enogh, but speed for each user of first network will be only 10 kbytes/sec. Try to download DVD with that speed - you will need 5 days to get it!

Not only I have such troubles. There are another local users with big shares and two different-speed networks.

Can you make a feature that allow to set number of slots on properties of each hub?

I know that some other dc-clients have such feature, but I don't want even try its - I don't trust authors of that clients. :)

Thank you.

This isn't on the plans, but Big Muscle is working on something for a different slot mechanism for large files, partial files, etc AFAIK.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0