RPD

Connection was clossed Forcibly by Remot Host

12 posts in this topic

When I am going to connect to hubs, I am getting this erreor:

"[09:56:19] *** Connecting to techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411...

[09:56:44] *** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Can any one give the solution?

Connection_Prob.doc

This has nothing to do with plugins..moved to support. :angry:

if this happens with every hub you try to log in, then check your antivirus/firewall software (the best thing would be to uninstall it, to see if the problem is gone, and install it again)

this message means that something, on the other end of the connection, has accepted the connection, then rejected it.. that can mean a lot of things.. the best thing to do is to check if this behavior happens with any hub you try to connect to, or just that one.. if only that hub is problematic, wait a while and try to connect again.. and if the problem persists, try contacting the admins of that hub, via website or email..

in most cases it's not enough to just turn off antivirus, you must uninstall it to completely remove the influence it makes on programs..

I have a similar problem too. From time to time certain connections are broken with the same mesage:

" *** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" . Same time all the hubs are closed or just few of them ..... I use antivirus NOD 32, but I put ApexDC at excluded aplications. Please help!

Try using ApexDC without antivirus software for some time and see if that happens again. If not, obviously, you have your answer.

Its more likely a firewall or Internet Security app would cause this. Rather than AV.

Happened to me once.

Fixed this by going into settings and clicked on "Get IP Address".

Problem solved :)

Please do not bump old threads.