Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thief

Download from one country

4 posts in this topic

Addon that let downloads from one country, from other countries automatic disconetes. I thin it's good, becouse:

* My ITP counting mb from other countries, in my country is a lot of internet providers who did this.

* From my (only example) country users speed for me will be higer then from others.

Sorry fot my bad english skills ;)

Anyway, good job!

Addon that let downloads from one country, from other countries automatic disconetes. I thin it's good, becouse:

* My ITP counting mb from other countries, in my country is a lot of internet providers who did this.

* From my (only example) country users speed for me will be higer then from others.

Sorry fot my bad english skills ;)

Anyway, good job!

Hi, you should just find a hub that has only your country's users in. ;)

Hi, you should just find a hub that has only your country's users in. ;)

In my country (i test ~30 hubs) hub is 70-80% users from my country ant other from diferent countries. When i downloading i must often watch, and if i find that downloading from other countries hubd, disconect and remove use from querence. I know, don't many people need this. If it's not hard to do, and dont waste much time, i will be thankfull fot this add...

I try this poblem solve winth firewall, but... ;) i don't find how do that.

Anyway, thnx 4 atention.

IMHO the biggest problem here is the distinguishing of IPs. Since I live in a * country with crappy ISPs too ;) , I have 50K International internet and over 600K, sometimes even nearly 1M BG peering. BUT, I often see IPs from all over the world downloading with far more than 50K from me. Guess that it has to do with cloned IPs or smth. So isn't it enough to look for the user's flag in userlist when starting Dd and pray it's correct? ;)

Another idea: what about a "calculator" in the program - the user enters his International speed, country speed, even LAN speed and sample file size(s), f. ex. 100MB. After that, the program could calculate in some column in Userlist the needed time for Dding a file of 100MB under ideal conditions.

At least, maybe we could have 3 more colors in Userlist (LAN, outside LAN, outside country). But this would require backgrounds already :)

Or a button "Test Speed" in the RMB context menu in Userlist? If possible? ;) I know this won't be very exact, since in this moment the remote party might have other net activity, but still it's better than nothing...

Edited by Zlobomir

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0