AusTempest

Not connecting through correct address

3 posts in this topic

HI,

Im using ApexDC++ to share file acress multiple computers in a local LAN. The IP address my comuter has from the local switch is 192.168.X.X I also access the internt through a wireless internet connection provided by Optus (in Australia) When connected it gives my IP address for this connection as 122.110.X.X

in the connection settings of Apex, i choose the bind address as 192.168.X.X and i am unable to connect if i have the internet plugged in. As soon as i disconnect from the wireless internet (terminating the connection and removing teh network connection for 122.110.X.X) it can connect fine. If i hit "Check connection" just under the ports it brings up a P2P checker and it says "Testing on address 122.110.X.X" even though i have used 192.168.X.X as the bind address.

I have forwarded ports in the switch and it all works fine when disconeccted from the net. If i connect Apex first (so it only shows 192.168.X.X in the drop down bind addresses), THEN activate the internet connection, the connection stays for about 1 min beofre dropping out saying "the connection was forcable removed by the remote host"

Can you please help me connect both at the same time.

Thanks

The script that is behind the connection checker detects the ip independent of Apex (it didn't used to be like that, but for security reasons this has changed). So it isn't ApexDC++ binding to wrong address at all :stuart:.

Look at the image below:

DcConnectionSettings.gif

- in the "network interface for all connections", type: 0.0.0.0

- uncheck the box saying "update ip on startup"

- uncheck the box saying "Don't allow hub/UPnP to override"

- type in your lan ip in the "External/WAN IP"

this way, your apexdc will retrieve the ip from the hub (the lan ip) and it will not update its ip from the internet