Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cubalibre

multisource downloading not working

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am downloading the same file on 2 pcs I have in my LAN, I also have my own hub in my LAN. Both PCs are connected to different hubs and both are downloading from multiple users (both have active status).

The problem is that I can't manage to make both pcs share the partial parts of the file they are downloading between each other. They can download each other's filelists.

-what should I do to be able to share partial files between these pcs?

Thank you in advance.

It's more than likely that DC does not allow this. It will check your IP and notice both are the same, hence no dl.

Try a variety of hubs. This is possibly an ADC only feature, also ensure both usename's are different.

I am using ADC in both PCs, and each one has its own internet connection (two ISP). So they connect to the internet through different routers, meaning they have different ext. IPs. However they can communicate through the internal LAN with ip range 192.168.2.x.

The hub I have in the LAN is listening on ip 192.168.2.5, and as I said earlier, both pcs are connected to this hub, and can download file lists from each other.

If I understood right, Partial file sharing should automatically work if you have multisource function on, just like I do, but if I search for alternative sources for the file I'm downloading, none of the PCs finds each other as a source (partial source).

BTW, I tried downloading some files from each PC after downloading the filelists, and it worked just like its supposed to. The problem is only in the partial file sharing thing.

Any ideas? :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0