Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoLex

[1.1.0] Random freeze when pressing Enter for private frame

42 posts in this topic

When I tried to compile first time yesterday, it required vld.h which couldn't be found anywhere. So I added those stuff by Alana.

Just found where to get VLD includes and libs. But should I use latest beta or version 1.0?

Thank you.

Yeah, VLD is required for debug builds only, but you can comment out the include (in main.cpp) since you won't be detecting memory leaks now will you...

Allright. I recompiled it once again, with latest WTL taken from official website, latest subversion of STL port, Microsofts original UPnP, FW, and other headers included in VS2008, and still can not reproduce the bug. Everything is fine now.

Well, I guess we can hold this until next release of ApexDC++. Will see what happens. I can imagine the issue appears on my machine only. :)

Thank you for all help.

Allright, I have once again managed to reproduce the bug with my own build. But I don't really know where to look to find the problem.

What I did here was.. Ran the client, made in hang and paused in Visual Studio. What is the next step, where do I have to look / what to do?

post-4587-1215187770_thumb.png

in user.h -> replace FastCriticalSection with CriticalSection.

in user.cpp and user.h replace all FastLock with Lock

recompile and try to reproduce... ;)

I did as you said, with following results.

User.cpp

.\client\User.cpp(37) : error C2371: 'cs' : redefinition; different basic types

c:\documents and settings\alexander zenkov\my documents\c++\apexdc++\client\User.h(147) : see declaration of 'cs'

CriticalSection Identity::cs;

Would be the correct code. :)

btw it's not the reason of deadlock :)

durnig checking, have you been running client detection on any hub?

I finally figured out how to correctly write the code you suggested. I'm currently compiling it and trying to reproduce.

No, no detections were running.

I'm taking back what I wrote. Just manage to reprodice the bug, nothing has changed. What else can be done? :)

I can add that it seems much easier to reproduce by sending messages to real user, instead of a bot.

Come on guys, there must be something / anything else to try to resolve the issue?

I would love to stay on ApexDC++ because of it's OP feture abilities, but I'm forced to use StrongDC++ now only because I "can't" use PMs.

[info] I just managed to reproduce it with latest version of StrongDC++. :/

i just think there's something wrong with your computer, because I send PMs via enter all day long and everything is ok, also no other person has reported this bug.

adrian_007 have been looking for the issue for long time. Did anyone report this on RSX++ Adrian?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0