Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pinkbunny

"Your version contains a serious bug" error

5 posts in this topic

Hello there!

I recently encountered this problem on an Apex v0.4.0 which happens to be unmodified. I try to solve this problem, i uninstalled apex, deleted all references, files and folders relating to this apex install and re-installed Apex. But this had no result.

I prefer Apex 0.4.0 over 1.1.0 and would like to continue using apex 0.4.0.

A temporary workaround I am using at the moment involves "locking" internet activity with my firewall, opening apex, and then enabling internet activity again. this seems to work around the check that occurs, but only in about 80% of times.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me. The error message dialog box is a replica of the one found here: http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtop...ins+serious+bug

It's simple.

-- Instructions removed --

This time around that message is actually 100% valid (as betas got this message only due to the fact that they were betas)... there is indeed a bug, and thus we do not recommend anyone to keep using anything below 1.1.0. If it's of any consolation under normal circumstances I would have left both 1.0.1 and 0.4.0 as they were.

Naturally you are free to do as you choose, however, we kindly remind you that support for anything below 1.1.0 has now been completely dropped and so from now on no member of Management or Support is obliged to provide you assistance of any kind when it comes to these versions.

This time around that message is actually 100% valid (as betas got this message only due to the fact that they were betas)... there is indeed a bug, and thus we do not recommend anyone to keep using anything below 1.1.0. If it's of any consolation under normal circumstances I would have left both 1.0.1 and 0.4.0 as they were.

Naturally you are free to do as you choose, however, we kindly remind you that support for anything below 1.1.0 has now been completely dropped and so from now on no member of Management or Support is obliged to provide you assistance of any kind when it comes to these versions.

thats fine, but i had no way of actually continuing my usage of apex 0.4.0 (via a cancel button). Only one input was accepted and that exited the program. Losing control like that is something i would expect had i not registered some random piece of software (like adobe), not from a DC++ client.

keep up the good work!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0