Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoLex

Increase number of same numbers in share size detection

9 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a small request before you release 1.1 or if it will be 1.0.2. Can you please make same numbers detection to count up to 8 (eight) numbers instead of 6 (six)?

I'm currently using ApexDC++ as OP client, and I think it really works, good work guys! But there is this little but.. Since I have chosen fake share detection, same numbers detection is doing its work aswell.

User bakaslon - 345 977 777 710 B - the share size had too many same numbers in it

..a kick follows..

This is defenetly not fake share. And I check users all the time, by getting their filelists, 3 of 4 users are with nice and real shares.

I guess all this is because back in time share sizes were much smaller, it was almost impossible to make same numbered share size. But today shares are bigger and bigger, much easier to get small amount of same numbers. :P

Thank you.

SnudderaNer likes this

Assuming innocent users are getting kicked, then definitely a plus one on this request. Considering it's not really been brought to our attention before I don't think it's ugent enough to release a new version just for that, it can wait until 1.1 is released.

I don't think it's ugent enough to release a new version just for that

I think you misunderstood me a little. I mean like.. It would be nice if this fix was included in next version. But when next version comes out, it's completely not my thing to worry about. :P

Ok, it was just the mention of a 1.0.2 that thought you might want a quick release just to fix this. The next release should be significant enough to be called 1.1. :P

Can I please get a confirmation from developers that this will be changed in the future? It is very important for me to know if I need to recompile ApexDC++ by myself or not. Thank you.

It will change don't worry, however, this isn't very reliable detection to begin with and there is no changing that...

this isn't very reliable detection to begin with and there is no changing that...

Completely agree with you. I would be glad if there was a way to turn off the same numbers detection. But as I said before, once you choose an action on "Fake share raw" (which I generally use to detect fake share by comparing presented MyINFO share size and real share size presented by share), the same numbers detection will start acting aswell.

Plus one to the request... Or make this trigger modifyable (regexp,etc)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0