Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skello

Problem with .dctmp files cleanup

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm using version 1.0.1 of ApexDC++

My incomplete downloads directory is set to one of the local hard drives on this computer.

My finished download location for this situation is a directory on a network share mounted as a partition on the local computer.

I'm downloading multiple files of ~ 350 MB in size. Once a download is finished it takes a few seconds for the final file to be copied on the mounted network share. I assume at this point that the .dctmp file corresponding to that download should be deleted automatically. This doesn't always happen. After a while i can't download anymore because i don't have enough space on the drive where the incomplete downloads directory is located. So when i go and look in it some of the .dctmp files of already finished downloaded files are still in there, although that particular file has been finished hours ago and properly copied to the mounted network share, file sizes correspond and all. This doesn't happen on all files, some get deleted, some don't.

My problem is that once i run out of space i can't manually delete them either until i close ApexDC++, because they're "in use". This isn't cool as i don't want to close Apex because obviously i waited a lot of time for upload slots on some users and if i close it i'll loose the slots for all the currently active downloads.

Is there any option in ApexDC to force removal of temp files? Is there any other solution to this that i haven't thought of? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Best regards,

Lucian C.

They should delete, but it may take some time. Simply just delete them yourself. I have been going on about DC's poor network drive functionality for ages and they refuse to fix it. So I think this may fall on deaf ears my friend :)

They should delete, but it may take some time. Simply just delete them yourself. I have been going on about DC's poor network drive functionality for ages and they refuse to fix it. So I think this may fall on deaf ears my friend :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but as i said i can't delete them manually without closing Apex first, because windows doesn't let me as they're in use. So i was kind of hoping for a solution that doesn't involve closing Apex.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as i said i can't delete them manually without closing Apex first, because windows doesn't let me as they're in use. So i was kind of hoping for a solution that doesn't involve closing Apex.

A small utility called Unlocker?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0