Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoLex

[1.0.1] Client doesn't send search results

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

It looks like ApexDC++ doesn't answer on any search requests from the hub. I have not noticed it until today when a person was searching for a song title I gave him. He should have found it in my share.

I'm sure that I have 9 of 9 slots free, so there is no "Only users with free slots" issue.

I'm sure that my connection settings are correct, I can search and download, upload by myself. (this has nothing to do with search results sent by client tho)

I'm sure that a person who is trying to search has correct connection settings, he can search and find other stuff without problems. (I tested this using 2 clients aswell, ApexDC++ does'n respond to "existing" requests made by client 2)

I'm sure the file is shared, it has been hashed and filelist refreshed. It exists when user looks in my manually downloaded filelist.

I've also beed using CMD debug messages window for about half a hour and didn't see any $SR sent by client. (on 10 pretty active hubs)

I take this as a bug. Please correct me and give more suggestions on other ways to prove that issue. Thank you.

Sorry but this is an age old question my friend. The DC protocol will do this, it only returns certain results for some reason. I have had situations where I have searched for a file numerous times with no results, then subsequently looked in someone's file list and found it....

I corrent myself.. It does send search results, but not all. For some reason it skips some (whis ones exaclty?).

Satan, and this is normal?

It doesn't skip certain ones, it's a random anomaly in the NMDC protocol, so say you do the same search twice, once it will work, the second time it won't. It's probably so sort of safety feature to avoid flooding the network.

Yes, I know that kind of behaviour in for example Verlihub, antiflood feature. But it has nothing to do with the client search request responce, that user should have got the result when he made his first search. He didn't get it.

This is completely nonsense, I take back my words, sorry. :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0