Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
someshine

Apex freezing very often

16 posts in this topic

Hi. I have Apex DC++ version 1.0.1, and it keeps freezing all the time.. if i try to send a PM it freezes, and often when it have been open but inactive for some time, and I then return to it, it freezes too.. It just suddenly eats up 1 of my 2 CPU cores 100% and then goes all blank, so all i can do is terminate the exe-file.

I have tried re-installing it several times, with no luck.

I have:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

2GB DDR2 RAM

Ge-Force 8800 GT

Win XP Pro SP2

It started around the time i updated to this new version.

Can anyone help me?? is it my system that is fu*ked or does anyone know how to fix this?

I thought that "goes blank"was referring to freeing up CPU. And yes, I do not know of any fix.

no one who can help me?? just reinstalled windows and then apex, and its still freezing.. the developers not interested in helping?

Sounds like a PC problem to me, tried to usual malware checks etc?

my client also suffered because of freezes... now testing latest revision and all is running ok... so he should check it after next release...

she.. :thumbsup:

Satan: why check for malware when it has just been reinstalled today??

I'll have to wait a bit longer then, as i am using a special version of apex dc that have my fav hub integrated in install.. (and a few other tweaks) .. but thanx for the heads up.. using the regular dc++ untill then.. tho it annoys me that the tabs are in the top.. hehe

I dunno, I just think if it was a bug it would happen to more people.

i think it may happen on certain configuration in special cases. (just like combination with nod32 make some problems)

with apex i was able to reproduce it once, with sdc (checking many revision) 3 to 5 times. but i didn't know where it exacly occur and when.

Not caused by some item in download queue? I regularly suffer from this freeze too.

Ah ha, NOW your onto something zlo, my friend. I too have experienced this.

If you are having the problem with a download q item. Download for a few days in StrongDC (it does not suffer from this oddly) hopefully the file will finish then you can go back to apex. That is what I do anyway.

Just wanna tell that it seems like it has been fixed in the new version.. got a mail about the new version, and desided to try it out, in case it would work..

And for now (just installed it) it seems like it has been fixed.. i can send PM's!!! :):)

Thank you.. !!

I will return if something goes wrong, but i hope not.. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0