vadimpl

Bad downl-g, good upl-g

14 posts in this topic

ApexDC 1.0.1. Link is 1 Mb/s. Hubs connected about 30. Many files for downl-g.

Problem: for each day Apex are downloading about 20-50 MB, but uploading more then 1 GB! Why?

DCPlusPlus.rar

On first shot, your sources might be slow. Have you tested in a LAN hub, to start with?

Your sources are slow!! Whereas it will be uploading as fast as users can receive. Thats the way DC works, so enjoy :)

Another reason might be bad setting of limiter, by negligence...

On first shot, your sources might be slow. Have you tested in a LAN hub, to start with?
& Satan

I have traditional connect: my comp - <100Mb> - home router (D-Link) - <100Mb> - building switch of provider - ...

Speed of all links are correct. My inet-limit - 1 Mb. I see that down/up speed is about 1-5 Mb in DC-hub our provider.

If you mean remote sources, then I don't understand - all of sources are slowly?! Even so, I see in my window (in DC) of running connects: downloading connects, as rule, 0, more rarely - 1-2 (setting - 8); uploading - in compliance with settings (7).

Another reason might be bad setting of limiter, by negligence...

I multiple inspect my settings. Though, I don't understand all of them (not found in Guide).

What settings must I see?

Have you got your ports properly set up and your forwarding on?

I use passive mode... :) And use it all time that I use DC.

In the past this problem was smaller then last 1-2 month; I had more then 100, 200 MB for day. E.g., for today downloaded only 3 MB (1 file)...

And another strange thing. When DC is working, downloading stream about 20-100 kb/s (DC isn't downloading at this time!) - but other inet application (IE, GoogleEarth e.g.) are working very slowly (though busy only 10% channel!).

Sounds like an ISP problem, contact them to see if they are having network difficulties.

Also, you may need to run a speed test on your connection to check the current thoroughput on it.

Sounds like an ISP problem, contact them to see if they are having network difficulties.

Also, you may need to run a speed test on your connection to check the current thoroughput on it.

ok, thanks.

ok, thanks.

I discovered one interesting things...

Usually I added files to downloading and them I didn't do anything. Gradually growing my problem (bad downloading).

Now I search alternatives for each files manually - and downloading somehow is up.

BUT:

1. Apex don't search alternatives automatically??? However, if it doing - why it ineffective?

2. I might to search alternatives for each file? I have a hundreds, may be, thousands files in downloading list...

This option should be on by default, but if necessary turn it on in settings.

2. was discussed, back then there was no solution... maybe time to look again?

It's tricky to sort, it need's hard coded, I feel that the dev's can't do it. No Offence intended, DCPP can't do it either.