Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xeption12

stupid bug

4 posts in this topic

i can't find anything that might solve my problem in preferences so i can only think that this is a bug... and that is apex DOES NOT know HOW TO handle high speeds! i mean ***, why would it choose me users with the worst possible speeds instead of keeping all those BIG SPEEDS like 6-12MB/s ?! is that normal?! if yes then i really don't see any differences between strongdc and apex ...

imagine this: you download with speeds like 10MB/s and you make it through 99% in 3 mins and then, suddenly you have to wait for that 1% to be completeted, and of course as you're not that kind of guy that monitors only one program you will wait for a total of 6mins - that is 2x! what time do you think i have to wait to download 1GB with say 100kB/s?!

i can't find anything that might solve my problem in preferences so i can only think that this is a bug... and that is apex DOES NOT know HOW TO handle high speeds! i mean ***, why would it choose me users with the worst possible speeds instead of keeping all those BIG SPEEDS like 6-12MB/s ?! is that normal?! if yes then i really don't see any differences between strongdc and apex ...

imagine this: you download with speeds like 10MB/s and you make it through 99% in 3 mins and then, suddenly you have to wait for that 1% to be completeted, and of course as you're not that kind of guy that monitors only one program you will wait for a total of 6mins - that is 2x! what time do you think i have to wait to download 1GB with say 100kB/s?!

This happens because the fast users have finished their segments. Turn off seg download's if you want to get same speed whole way through.

this issue will be fixed in new version of StrongDC++. When fast user finishes his job and there's no other chunk he could download, he will overlap other slow-running segment.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0