sfaaikido

Searches searching themselves in PWDC++

3 posts in this topic

I have an odd problem with searches. Let's say I do a search for "video" with no filters. I'll get thousands of hit. Then let's say I do another search for "song" with no filters. I'll get a lot of hits. But they're all hits that match both "video" and "song", not just "song". Now I do a third search for "trailer". Again, I'll get hits but the hits will only match "video", "song" and "trailer". This will repeat until all search results are filtered out and nothing is showing up. These are all new searches. I'm not using the Search in Results feature. They can all be in new search windows. Now this will not happen the first time I search after opening PWDC++. It happens at random. The only way I've found to fix it is to exit out of PWDC++.

I'm using a Belkin F5D7230-4 router. The connection is setup fine. I can log in to hubs. I can download. I can get search results for a bit. I do not have a software firewall. Windows XP's firewall is disabled. I'm using client version 0.41.

I believe this to be a bug in StrongDC++. I can use DC++ and RMDC++ just fine. However, I was using an older version of StrongDC++ for a long time. A new version came out, I believe it was RC8, and I started having a problem where all search results were being filtered, I'd get nothing. At the time, I did not notice searches seemingly searching the last set of results.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Really miss segmented downloads and RMDC++ simply sucks.

Currently the development of PWDC++ is stopped.

We are waiting for Strong DC++ RC11, which will (hopefully) be bug-free and we'll base Apex DC++ on it.

Best regards

Wow, I've never nheard of that issue though, very weird. Although the way I use the search wouldn't make that a problem for me. Un fortunatly I doubt there's much that can done to fix it if it's a bug. :)