Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drummer27

[Crash][1.0b4] Crash while downloading (access violation)

4 posts in this topic

hi,

my apexdc++ crashes every time it tries to download certain files. this is the message, and more info is at the bottom.

Code: c0000005 (Access violation)
Version: 1.0.0B4 (2007-08-07)
Major: 6
Minor: 0
Build: 6000
SP: 0
Type: 1
Time: 2008-01-05 12:02:51
TTH: 7CNQCQXDGEV7S2IDTUSYEW73M722LLS7BVOOXDI

ntdll!0x77292E7B: ?

this only occurs when apex tries to download certain mp3 files (never occured on any other type of file), and it has been plaguing me for month on dozens of different unrelated files. it occurs on about 5-10% of all mp3s i try to download.

after the crash, the progress bar in download queue window turns yellow.

this issue can only be solved by finding and removing the containing folder from the queue. if only one problematic file is removed (which actually crashed apex), the next within the same folder will cause the crash, and so on.

after the crash, when the crash message pops up, apex continues downloading until terminate button is clicked.

i'm using windows vista x86, pc tools firewall plus.

thanks!

Is there an exceptioninfo.txt in Settings folder, with the respective timestamp inside?

Is there an exceptioninfo.txt in Settings folder, with the respective timestamp inside?

yes there is, with information about past 19 crashes i had. it contains exact info i pasted above.

i was also wondering, all those 19 crashes contain same TTH code. at first i thought that it was TTH code for file that was crashing apex, but after some research (checking all TTHs in download queue) i realized that i had no files with corresponding TTH code. (7CNQCQXDGEV7S2IDTUSYEW73M722LLS7BVOOXDI)

so what does that TTH stand for?

thanks!

This is the TTH of the build's exe. :whistling:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0