spycam

Can't access ApexDC++ folder in Windows Vista

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed ApexDC++ the latest version in Windows Vista.

I used it to download a few divx videos. Then i closed the program, but all of a sudden i cannot find ApexDC++ folder in Program files, even if it's installed in there (C:\Program Files\ApexDC++\)

When i try to manually enter the C:\Program Files\ApexDC++\ path, i get an error, that Windows cannot find this folder. But on the other hand, when i browse disk contents by VLC video player i can find the folder and play the movies from it.

Please check out the attached screenshot:

post-7983-1198756816_thumb.jpg

Any idea how can i access C:\Program Files\ApexDC++\ path and delete its content? I already installed ApexDC++ into C:\Program Files\ApexDC\ and use it for some time without problems, wanted just to delete the unused hidden folder. I have set to see all hidden and system files/folders, but it does not help. Total Commander and Dos Navigator also does not show the ApexDC++ folder in Program Files.

I have not used Vista still, but I think that a Win-PE boot CD will allow you to do anything.

Can you open Apex from the shortcut?

If so, go to properties on the shortcut and double check the file names, will let you see exactly where it is.

I got the same problem with the last 2 vesion of DC++ and ApexDc.....I downladed some mp3's but even when it says is there....when i check that location the folder "downloads" has not been created....I hope somebody can help us.

Go to settings>downloads

Check where the temp and complete folders are, check them both.

Hello again

here is the answer to the lost files (kind of)....when looking in Settings >> Downloads , this is the location I got (same as Spycam got)

settingsfq1.jpg

But the real location is different ...even when ApexDc says its there..

So if you want to get the files you have to go to :

C:\Users\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ApexDC++\Downloads\

that's the location where its downloaded....I dont know why but win vista save it there

and the same thing for the incomplete files.

Well...I hope it solve the problem...or at least help a little bit.

The reason for that, is you are on 64 Bit vista, the problem is, Vista register's apex as a 32-Bit application and install's it accordingly. As such, that is why the folder differ's.

However, on 32-Bit vista you would not have this issue.