udub07baseball

Connection Trouble

4 posts in this topic

Alright, so i have read the guides, the forums, and other websites, and for the life of me i cannot figure this out. I am on wireless through a Belkyn router. I am on passive, i have supposedly set up my router and firewall settings according to one of the websites given in a previous forum, i have set my settings on my DC to go along with that forum, and still, when trying to download something, it simply says connecting, and then goes to connection timed out, and back and forth. what have i done wrong? all of the tests i have come across say that my connection is correct, i can connect and search hubs, i just can't download. somebody please help, i am so frustrated! and please dont tell me i'm an idiot and redirect me to some other forum, that really doesnt help.

If you have went through all the steps and you are 100% sure you have forwarded the ports on the router and such and you know the ports are open and everything is configured right then here is one other option. Some ISP (Not Sure What Yours Is) have modems that have a firewall interface built in that you must either disable or forward the same ports in it also to be able to become active. Another issue that may be a factor is if you have completed everything including checking the modem for a firewall and you have exhausted every option then I would say by default your ISP is blocking p2p traffic or at least the port you are using to try and get active. I also suggest using a high port (Example: 11878) as those are not common ports and may work better for you. Please look into these couple ideas and get back with me here and I will do my best to help you if there is still that availability. Also when you reply to my post provide me with your ISP company and make and model of your modem please. I have been running into this situation with users around DC alot lately. More and more modem's are coming with preconfigured firewalls that are shut to pretty much everything.

Edited by Mikey

Alright, so here is one spot that i might have done wrong. this is the link...

http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...7230-4/DC++.htm

At the bottom of the page, it gives me the Virtual Servers page for my Belkin, but it doesnt look like mine does when i pop it up. Since i dont have the ability to take pictures of my screen and put those on this forum, i will try and describe what mine looks like as best as i can.

THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN...Across the top, the titles of the table go like this, from left to right...

...Number...LAN IP Address... Protocol Type.....LAN Port.....Public Port....Enable...Set/Clean....

........1........192.168.2.136............TCP..............11878.........11878..

.....(Check).....(Set)........

........2................." "....................UDP................" "................" "............." ".........." "..........

THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOW ME AND TELL ME TO PUT IN...

...Number...Enabled...Description...Inbound Port...Type.......Private IP........Private Port...

........1.......(Check).......DC++......11878-11878....TCP....192.168.2.136...11878-11878...

........2..........." "............." "................." "........... UDP..............." ".................." ".........

So given what they have told me to put in, did i do everything correctly?

When I got to the Settings on DC and click Check Connection it pops up a window and says everything is connected for P2P. Although in the settings when it asks for my External / WAN IP i put in my original IP Address, not the 192.168.2.136, did i do that correctly too?

As far as I can tell from your post yes that is all done correctly. Also in the settings in Apex it should be your external IP as you said. Who is your ISP and your modems make and model number?