Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pedja

speed limits per user

7 posts in this topic

Is it theoretically possible to set speed limit on user level? Actually I would like to be able to set upload and download speed limits per hub level.

I know that SC protocol does not distinguish if user is on one or another hub, but as I can see Apex shows which hub user belongs to in connection list.

I have this problem: I am connected to two hubs. One hub is in out local network, and transfer speed among members is very high. Other hub is on the net, and transfer speed is substantially slower.

I want to limit DC transfer speed on internet connection so I can use Internet for sending email, or even surf while download is in progress. But, if I set appropriate limit, that slows down local connections too. That is unnaceptable.

I would like to have limiting that can allow me to use different limits for different connections, and i wold like to have it built in ApexDC.

i would rather suggest traffic shaping instead of "speed control per domain" .. as it would be against the dc spirit ( although i had the same problem while been on univ )

try cfos ( or cfosspeed ) to shape your connection speeds .. it really helps -_-

It works on the downstairs Laptop ok, however, it ****s itself on my main pc, 'cFos cannot function due to too many open connections', as a result my entire connection grinds to a halt -_-

It works on the downstairs Laptop ok, however, it ****s itself on my main pc, 'cFos cannot function due to too many open connections', as a result my entire connection grinds to a halt :(

"funny" ... i never meet with that error :mellow: are you running 32 or 64 bit version? ... as on my pc ... the 64 bit versions of stuff sometimes just simply make the whole thing run into the "will never appear" :stuart: bluescreen and restart it .. if you're using the 64 bit cfos, maybe it would worth a try to check the x86 version ... but that's already not apex :fear:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0