Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tranquill

Download Queue wiped out.

6 posts in this topic

I always keep Apex DC++ 0.4.0 running on my PC. Whenever my system crashes due to overheating or maybe fluctuations in power supply, my entire download queue is wiped out when I start Apex DC++ again after restart. I used to have Strong DC before which could restore the Queue.xml file by just renaming Queue.xml.bak to Queue.xml. This would restore the queue. But this doesn't work with Apex DC++. The solution given on this forum about swapping the .dctmp files also doesn't work. I have already lost 3-4 GB worth of stuff due to this many times. Is there any solution? Or any other Client other than Strong DC++ which prevents this?

Thanks for any help!!

Hi,

Well, apart from suggesting some examination of your system and thus reducing the crashes, maybe it is good to make an annoying manual back-up of the Queue.xml, as well as with Favorites.xml. There is even an auto-script for this, search around...

You should really be looking at your PC rather than Apex, you PC shouldn't crash often enough for this to ever be an issue.

I have to agree that this is the greatest problem in APEX DC++ and is affecting thousands of users. Within the last 30 days I have had the QUEUE completely disappear with over 10 GIG of partially completed download lists. My Temporary folder has all the partially completed downloads, which makes this even more frustrating that I can't re-queue the folder. The Apex programmers only have to add to the menu a "recovery console" that automatically re-queues partially downloaded files back onto the console.

Another idiosynchrocy is that my 10 Gig of "untouchable" partial downloads are freely available to others to download from, however I cannot use them!

I have to agree that this is the greatest problem in APEX DC++

better you should say that this is the greatest problem in your PC. ApexDC++ saves its queue correctly, but if your computer doesn't manage to save it, then it's not our problem.

Another idiosynchrocy is that my 10 Gig of "untouchable" partial downloads are freely available to others to download from, however I cannot use them!

if you cannot use them, then it can't be available to others.

better you should say that this is the greatest problem in your PC. ApexDC++ saves its queue correctly, but if your computer doesn't manage to save it, then it's not our problem.

if you cannot use them, then it can't be available to others.

Amen to that!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0