Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hooksie1

Weird Problems

2 posts in this topic

I'm in college, and we have our own hubs here. I have a router in my room, and when I connect wirelessly with my laptop or wired with my Laptop DC++ works fine, and when I connect straight to my port without using the wireless router, my desktop works fine. However when I try to use my desktop through the router, it doesn't work. We have to use the remote desktop port (3389) because the school disabled all the other ports between buildings. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out whats wrong, because it seems the port forwarding is working since the laptop works with it. It also seems my desktop settings are ok because it works without the router. I have set up the desktop the same as the laptop and it still says the requested address is not valid in its context. Can anyone thing of anything? Thanks :blink:

Hey everyone..thats for looking. I got it working, I just joined the domain at the school. I don't know why that worked, maybe it just reset my network settings or something. thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0