Old Indain

failed port mapping

8 posts in this topic

I am getting this error whenever I start up the client v 1.0.0b4.

[Failed to create port mappings. Please set up your NAT yourself]

Any thoughts on this, it does not seem to effect anything. As soon as I close it the client starts and runs fine.

thanks

If you are using a router and trying to use direct connection its telling you this because you must forward ports in the router and in the client using. Please give us a big more info about your setup so we can correctly help you resolve this matter.

try to check out this link for example http://portforward.com/

or please state a bit more info of your router / firewall so we can help you finding the settings you'll need :D

The ports are open in my router, like i said there is no issue with connecting at all, I just get the error and click ok. Both udp and tcp ports are working great on port 8889.

XP fire wall is turned off, everything goes through my router, and I have no problems connection to a user, active or passive, and no one has a problem connecting to me.

It just seems to be a issue with the error nag itself.

thanks

Make sure you are not trying to connect through UPnP.

Also, make sure you select 'manual with port forwarding'

Enter the ports in the relevant boxes as well as ur IP(external not internal).

and maybe selecting the network device as the internal ip you receive from the router? (if i remember right of the name, as i don't have apex in front of me now)

but if everything is working fine, then ... i guess it's just annoying rather than blocking you from anything :D

I also am having the same problem, I connect fine and have registered with several hubs but I am getting barely (if any) search results for things that I know should return plenty. I have gone through the tutorial and my modem and router tested good on my routers test website. I ham using Windows XP SP2 firewall with ADSL2+router modem with "router capabilities, (whatever that means. it's through bellsouth) and have allowed connections to the ports in Windows firewall. what am I doing wrong?

I also am having the same problem, I connect fine and have registered with several hubs but I am getting barely (if any) search results for things that I know should return plenty. I have gone through the tutorial and my modem and router tested good on my routers test website. I ham using Windows XP SP2 firewall with ADSL2+router modem with "router capabilities, (whatever that means. it's through bellsouth) and have allowed connections to the ports in Windows firewall. what am I doing wrong?

You have not enabled the ports through your router. You need to do that also.

See www.portforward.com