Pista

Search not working

16 posts in this topic

Well, i'm not completly new to dc. since i'v used Strong DC as my client, but due to unforseen circumstances, i had to change it. Now, with Peer Web, I have the same f......g problem as with Strong, whatever the hub, (except one that is noe permanently offline), my search is NOT working. Any ideas pls, cause i'm going crazy aver this, and u can imagine how fun it is always waiting for the same user i was downloadiong from to return. PLS HELP.

Well, i'm not completly new to dc. since i'v used Strong DC as my client, but due to unforseen circumstances, i had to change it. Now, with Peer Web, I have the same f......g problem as with Strong, whatever the hub, (except one that is noe permanently offline), my search is NOT working. Any ideas pls, cause i'm going crazy aver this, and u can imagine how fun it is always waiting for the same user i was downloadiong from to return. PLS HELP.

Hi and Welcome :)

You probably haven't set your connection settings right.

For start, try to set your connection in passive mode as I'm showing you, restart the client and make a search.

Then, post again to tell us if the problem is fixed.

post-246-1147797822_thumb.png

Edited by AddictedToChaos

The setting you showed me are ok, but it still doesn't work. Any other ideas pls ?

Could you provide more info about your network? Do you have some firewall, router or other device, which could block the traffic? Try to use one and the same port for TCP and UDP, and this port must not be used by another application/service. The "Test ports" button works already, at least on mine PC. Do you pass the test successfully?

I"m having the same problem, except I know my porblem is that my tcp port won't go through. I don't understand why though, regular dc++ let the same port through without any problem.....

I"m having the same problem, except I know my porblem is that my tcp port won't go through. I don't understand why though, regular dc++ let the same port through without any problem.....

Maybe your firewall blocks the program executable, not the port? Or you start PWDC++ after the "regular dc++", so the port is already taken?

Edited by Zlobomir

Hi everybody!

I'm having a similar issue:

I can't connect to the specified ports. I have enabled Port Forwarding on my router and I still can't search.

I have tried the following

1. Disable my firewall.

2. Using Passive Mode.

RESULT: Searching Works.

Second Option:

1. Enable my firewall.

2. Use Passive Mode.

RESULT: Searching Works.

Third Option:

1. Disable my firewall.

2. Enable Port Forwarding

3. Use Active Mode.

RESULT: Searching DOES NOT Work.

I have enabled TCP/UDP port forwarding to port 2048 (both TCP and UDP). Searching does not work, and when I click on the "Check Connection" button I get the following Result:

Failed to connect on TCP 2048

Connected on UDP 2048

Partial Connection

HELP! HELP !

I tested with Apex 0.4.0 on port 2048, and search & download work for me, in fact work great... You may want to recheck your firewall, especially in you are dealing with Win build-in one.

Regarding the connection checker, errr, I hope we will see it working soon. For now, do not pay attention to it.

Same problem here. I have a router and i forwarded the TCP UDP and TLS ports. UDP seems to work, but for the TCP the checker says 'Failed to connect on TCP'. Every port i try to forward has the same message. I don't have a firewall (just service pack 1). :rolleyes:

Sometimes the connection checker will say failed when it actually works.

TBH, if you can search and download keeee it's fine.

Secondly, for Pista, which router/firewall do you have?

Long time since last post :). I didn't post, because I somehow got it working. Problem is now that i upgraded, search is down again. I have full connection, firewall rules and route rules are ok. On the old ver. of DC it still works fine on the laptop and PC, but the new DC does not search. Tred passive mode, active, manual port forwarding, same problem. Connection OK, searching doesn't work.

I think it's no problem in clients.

If you use <passive mode> you can search active user, but not other passive user.

For use <active mode> you need a TCP port and a UDP port (or one for all).

in a router you need 2 or 4 rules to forwarding (NOT triggern !) for TCP + UDP outgoing, and TCP + UDP incoming.

In many routers will bind to LAN-IP ! So better to use a fix LAN-IP and NOT **** DHCP (dynamic adress).

Sometimes in rules ask for WAN-IP or ports. You can't know which other IPS or ports DC user have, so set to <all>.

In lokal firewall one rule for DC-client to alow is enough.

Thats all ! Search, browse, connection to passive or active MUST be work. :)

Generell : 5-number ports between 10001 - 65535 are much better to use. No standard-applications use them and for Sniffer are different to find. :thumbsup:

Turn off UAC, the reason it's stopped working is because you upgraded to vista and UAC is killing it.

erm what ?

UAC doesnt kill ApexDC++ my search works and i got UAC turned on

UAC is buggy as fcuk unfortunately ^_^. Yes it works for you, but this problem has been so often seen due to UAC.