Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yanno111

how do i register for a hub

3 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, i just got apexdc++ today and i have no idea how to register for a hub, can someone help me!!!!

Registering in a hub is usually specific to each hub/hubsoft. Sometimes a bot will announce in main chat how to register.

The TechGeeks Online hub (the official support hub in favourites) allows you to type "+reghelp" in main chat and you'll be sent a private message of the steps to become a registered user. :)

Here is the help for my humble hub:

To register:

1. Type "/fav" no quotes in the main chat (the one with the list on the right) and press ENTER.

2. Open Favorite Hubs (the yellow star, or the menu View>Favorite Hubs, or only

Ctrl+F, while you are in the main chat).

3. Select "TCP The Cat's Place ** The Ascendent Network **" and open Properties (right mouse button over the hub name,

the button Properties below the list or Alt+P).

4. In the new window, put [Tomcat]YourNick for M or [Cat] for F in the Nick field.*

5. Put your desired password in the Password field.

6. Press OK.

7. Go back to the main chat and type "+regme password", no quotes, password=YourPassword (step 5).

8. Reconnect to the hub (menu File>Reconnect or only Ctrl+R , while you are in the main chat).

*Prefixes might differ for other hubs or not required at all.

**Note: In some hub softs you will need to use !regme or another command, or wait for an OP to register you, but the above steps are generally accepted in hubs. :)

/Off I am glad to see a user willing to reg, nobody gives a sh*t in mine (incl. the Staff, or at least their effords can't be seen as regged users). :) /Off

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0