Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moonclamp

Moving my incomplete folder

5 posts in this topic

Sorry for my first post here being a question, my old login seems to have vanished.

My incomplete folder is getting too big for the drive it is on. It's huge.

If I move it to another drive will I lose the partial downloads or will it automatically adjust to the new location?

Cheers. :)

Move it to the new location and set the new location in settings/downloads/unfinished dir.

Just tried that. However after restarting ApexDC the earlier downloads are restarting in the original "incomplete" folder. Only new downloads are starting in the new folder.

1.Configure the new dir in settings(downloads/unfinished downloads directory and save them by clicking OK) and close apex;

2.Move your folder to that new location;

if you downloads still start in the old location, open ApexDC++/Settings/Queue.xml with notepad. search for TempTarget="...." (first search for TempTarget= to see exactly the dir) and change it too for every download. (here replace function comes in handy).

3. Start apex. Everything should work.

BTW you can use "%[targetdrive]\Some Dir\" for tmp dir, this way %[targetdrive] if auto. changed to the download location's drive letter.(F.e you download a file to X:\ and your tmp dir will be X:\Some Dir\).However dont use it for downloads, it doesn't work

Edited by ifmn

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0