Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Priski

"disable sounds" option

3 posts in this topic

Seems that ApexDC++ initialize some kind of "hook" to retrieve sound information from winamp, etc. This sometimes causes sound problem on broken drivers and mess up whole OS's sounds. This seems to be issue in at least 0.4.0 and 1.0.0B2 versions.

I'd like have an option that disables this feature completely, so it would not mess up sounds on some systems.

I believe that most of users don't need winamp now playing, etc. feature anyway.

SIDE NOTE: I may be posting information on this issue also on BUG section, but not until I get more information about it. (not a problem in my PC)

Please excuse me, I'm not sure I understood you correctly. Is this what you are asking for - a button that disables apex sounds (f.e new PM and stuff). It already exists. Or you just want to stop apex from using winamp's info. (f.ex. song, etc) ?

If your problem comes from 'spamming' with winamp's songs, then simply don't use '/w' or modify the source (remove this feature) and compile it.

And the winamp feature is widely used IMO, if someone doesn't want it - then he shouldn't use it.

Again, sorry if I misunderstood you.

Seems that ApexDC++ initialize some kind of "hook" to retrieve sound information from winamp, etc. This sometimes causes sound problem on broken drivers and mess up whole OS's sounds. This seems to be issue in at least 0.4.0 and 1.0.0B2 versions.

I'd like have an option that disables this feature completely, so it would not mess up sounds on some systems.

I believe that most of users don't need winamp now playing, etc. feature anyway.

SIDE NOTE: I may be posting information on this issue also on BUG section, but not until I get more information about it. (not a problem in my PC)

First off, start with what OS you are running, and your system specifications.

As a side note im also having such issues, but with Vista Ultimate 32bit, and has nothing to do with apex nor winamp. For me sometimes happens without even using apex. And as for the player i use Silverjuke (dont ask).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0