Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amp

DC Bot

7 posts in this topic

I'm willing to write a bot for DC and possibly release it under GPL. A standalone one, something like Verlibot. Don't ask me why - just for fun :P.

As far as i really fond of php, i would make it as an php-cli modular script with web admin interface.

Planned features are:

- AIML driven chatting engine

- Extensible with external services

- Daemon-like small core

- Abstract protocol layer (possible IRC port?)

One thing my knowledge lacks with is experience with hubs other than Verlihub. Are user and moderator commands same everywhere? Whats with chatroom support on other servers?

And also, I would like to ask, is there any suggestion for bot services? Or someone wants to help with bot?) Anyone interested in such thing at all or i'm wasting my time?)))

Such projects are always interesting. Commands are different for Yn, Ptokax, etc, but Google can help. And multihub chat is possible, afaik...

This is what I can be of use.

Multihub chat? What is it?

I was thinking of mere chatrooms like opchat. Because, for example, game service (a-la trivia) will cause lotta mess up in hub with 1000+ online users, imho.

I better not be specific and put you on wrong tracks, but afaicr there was a bot or smth, able to enter in 2+ hubs and so users writing to it are in a kind of "common chat room". Also you can see http://dc.hovel.ru/forum_43 . Nice bot collection and idea is available on: http://www.yhubita.com/index.php?pag=bot

I do not think that linking of hubs should be a major idea for a bot :). As far as I got from protocol description, multihub room based on bot's private chat could be implemented, but it won't be very comfortable, you aren't even able to see nicklist.

Good luck with it, seems like an interesting project to go ahead with, if even just so you cna learn something. Unfortunatly I lack the knowlege to be able to do something similar or help, most likely.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0