Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freebow

Apex Features Post 002 by Freebow

11 posts in this topic

Ah I have noticed that some client have a list of ISPs. It could be cool for country based hubs and of course could be a nice feature. Also to have that as check box in hubs favorites... here is a gfx: post-4382-1173396212_thumbgif

Well it should inform you about certain people from certain ISP in PM or in main... That was the idea. :blink:

Long time ago I proposed to clone all hub-specific settings to Favs, you could imagine, this is not a one day work, however one day... :blink:

Thanks For Your Answer man... Well It would be too confusing and a terrible great work for bouth sides to achieve whole separate settings for every single hub. But I think that some features could be done separate. In this post i wanted to recommend a few things which would be:

1) Support For REGULAR EXPRESSIONS (when you learn them you cant live without them)

2) LUA scripting support - a great great future which opens a clients door widely to new opportunities

3) Auto Search - Nice to check many users without anoying list download

4) Country Code Check - Nice feature

5) ISP Checker - Also nice feature

But 1-3 should be MAJOR improvements and i know they depend on lot of work.

Hope that wont affect stability of a client... (if it will be inplemented)

Cheers...

1 - Maybe it'll be added, I don't know :D

2 - Apex is a mod of SDC, and SDC doesn't want to add lua, so it's up to Crise to do it.I think he said no about this (I aint sure and i don't want to talk from anyone's name...)

1 - Maybe it'll be added, I don't know :D

2 - Apex is a mod of SDC, and SDC doesn't want to add lua, so it's up to Crise to do it.I think he said no about this (I aint sure and i don't want to talk from anyone's name...)

HM.... yes i know... the coders have hardest time of all the others... I was thinking that .lua maybe could help to improve client without lowering stability of a client. Much more things can be done by using scripts. I know there are many different demands and it is hard to please everybody, but with scripts everybody can inplement stuff which they like not to ask things to be done in main coding... Well at least REG EXP are the hell of the option. I think that is not so hard to be done and there will be much which client can do in ADL search... thanks for Your answer... (BTW I would like to be a tester - how can I became one?)

off-topic: "Post 002"... does it mean you have 98 more left? ;)

998 if You are a bit into numbers... But instead of offtopic postings maybe you could say something about the topic eh? ok? :D

Ahhh sorry I have seen a very good reply of yours in my other posting. So accept my appologies. You are the one who helps also :D Cheers

so, on-topic ;) : 1, 2, 4 and 5 already exist in publicly available clients and i'm sure the developpers know about them; however, since it's always more work to do, it's up to them to choose which to add...

however, i didn't understand 3. "Auto Search - Nice to check many users without anoying list download"

if you mean OP controls that make the list download, it's usually to detect not only bad files, but also some other stuff like a possible fake share, bad TTHs, etc; these things can't be checked via a simple search.

more off-topic: i really think it's 98! :D

Uh... You are killing me :) I would like all that to see in Apex... And I have a 256/64 ADSL. So I cant download filelists all the time. With "Auto Search" I could do my job in 5 mins and leave. Also sometimes users dont like to be checked everytime they connect to a hub. And yes I agree - Files can be checked with simple search but it takes time to type, then to kick, and again to type, again to kick...

I am an ADMIN of my posts :D its 998 ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0