Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigHawk

Problems Downloading

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Any ideas on the following problem

A few ops in my hub use apex 0.4.0 which to start with they have had no problems. But last few weeks they have had problems downloading from each other.

when you goto download filelist you just get a timeout message. But if then the other user grants a slot filelist will start to download.

Then when download of a program has started you will get timedout again. Untill a slot again is granted. This download then will stop again and wait untill slot is granted. maybe a few times during the download

We know firewalls/routers are not a problem. And also autogranting a slot to said users will not work.

also some of the users have switched clients to full dc and now have no problems

Any ideas

Hi Guys

Any ideas on the following problem

A few ops in my hub use apex 0.4.0 which to start with they have had no problems. But last few weeks they have had problems downloading from each other.

when you goto download filelist you just get a timeout message. But if then the other user grants a slot filelist will start to download.

Then when download of a program has started you will get timedout again. Untill a slot again is granted. This download then will stop again and wait untill slot is granted. maybe a few times during the download

We know firewalls/routers are not a problem. And also autogranting a slot to said users will not work.

also some of the users have switched clients to full dc and now have no problems

Any ideas

What hub soft are you guys running? And is it only with ops? or does it effect normal users as well?

What hub soft are you guys running? And is it only with ops? or does it effect normal users as well?

hub is running PtokaX 0.3.5.2

as for is it only ops with the problem. As far as i know yes but dont have any normal users that use apex

Cheers for reply :D

hub is running PtokaX 0.3.5.2

as for is it only ops with the problem. As far as i know yes but dont have any normal users that use apex

Cheers for reply :D

hmm... ok well then this is a weird issue, my ops run solely Apex 0.4.0 on my hub which is also running PtokaX 0.3.5.2 and we haven't experienced any problems. However that being said my hub runs on a Lan so that may change things as well. Unfortunetly I'm not the biggest expert on Apex code errors I'm good at trouble shooting though. Hopefully someone else with more experiance will come on and can use the info garned from the two of us. In regards to your Ops, are they relatively close in geographical locations? Ie is it easy for them to connect normally? Also have any of them tried uninstalling then reinstalling apex?

In regards to your Ops, are they relatively close in geographical locations? Ie is it easy for them to connect normally? Also have any of them tried uninstalling then reinstalling apex?

Some are between 50-150miles from me. I will get some of them to try reinstalling apex

and post back on how we get on

thanks for help so far

Hawk

Hi

Right a few of us have now reinstalled apex v0.4.0 and the same problem is still there

like i say if you then install another client into apex folder and use apex setting everything works

fine.

so any ideas would be great

Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0